Air Compressor- Heavy Duty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Trav
Since your recommendation for the Makita was spot on, any suggestions for the air ratchet and 1/2 impact? I had a friend who bought an air ratchet from harbor freight and it lasted about a year.

Trav
Thanks for the recommendations.
Update.. I just purchased the Makita Mac700 and love it so far. I had a basic maintenance question. Do most people leave the compressor plugged in? I already broke it in per Makita's instructions.
Thanks in advance
George

Originally Posted By: GGorman04
Trav
Do most people leave the compressor plugged in? I already broke it in per Makita's instructions.
Thanks in advance
George

I left mine plugged in most of the winter, but now that I think about it, I believe I will unplug and drain it. I'm sure it is filling with water now that the oppressive summer humidity is here. Couldn't be good for the tank.

The air compressor service guy I use told me about a car dealership's 80 gallon air compressor that wasn't working right.It was completely full of water, from never being drained. That is why you should always drain it before starting it. It just heats up whatever water is in the tank, and vaporizes it.

Originally Posted By: GGorman04
Trav
Thanks for the recommendations.
Update.. I just purchased the Makita Mac700 and love it so far. I had a basic maintenance question. Do most people leave the compressor plugged in? I already broke it in per Makita's instructions.
Thanks in advance
George

It doesn't matter if you leave it plugged in as long as its turned off. I leave the tank filled but just crack the drain before use on a cold tank any moisture that was in the tank has settled to the bottom as liquid.
The less the pump runs to fill the tank the less moisture you get.

Just be sure you don't drain it over a surface you want to keep nice. I learned to take my portable out into the grass to drain the rusty water into the yard. Good iron nutrition for the grass!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Geauxtiger
Just be sure you don't drain it over a surface you want to keep nice. I learned to take my portable out into the grass to drain the rusty water into the yard. Good iron nutrition for the grass!
wink.gif

Listen to this guy. I made the mistake of draining mine on the driveway and it took at least 6 months for it to wash away.

Originally Posted By: wapacz

Listen to this guy. I made the mistake of draining mine on the driveway and it took at least 6 months for it to wash away.

Muriatic acid. Makes the rust go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back