Got into an accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

I have AAA for insurance. They only use either OEM or as high quality salvage yard is available. They only go LKQ aftermarket if there is no good OEM part available. Now there are other insurance companies, notably the ones that advertise with a gecko and Flo who will put aftermarket parts on a car less than a year old.

When my mom took out a door on an Audi 2 years ago - not her fault, rather the owner of the Audi not engaging the child locks and their kid opened the door onto oncoming traffic, I took the car to a non-AAA "direct" shop that was well-regarded in my parent's neck of the woods and I was surprised for a car built in 2008 they installed all OEM Toyota parts, even though the Mitchell printout suggested a "reman" headlamp assembly.

There are a few Geico direct shops in Oakland and I noticed their dumpsters are full of parts boxes from Levan or some other jobber who stocks Chinese or Taiwanese parts. My neighbor had her 2014 Accent repaired thanks to an Uber accident and they used all aftermarket parts - she's on Esurance, which is Allstate and I've heard of horror stories with the latter. I think Geico, Progressive, Allstate and State Farm are on CAPA's board.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back