Should I get Line X Standard or Premium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a 2014 F-150 with the 6.5 foot bed. It came with a roll up tonneau cover and a factory drop in plastic liner. I don't like the liner and also have been reading about bed rusting problems.

I am going to get the bed sprayed with Line X. My question is should I get the standard or pay the extra $125 and get the premium?

I'm almost leaning towards the premium, even though I have the tonneau cover on it now, if I decide to remove it in the future I'll have the protection.

Any suggestions?

I got the regular in mine as for most of the year there is a tonneau cover on it. The only difference, I think is that the regular may "grey" over time with exposure to the sun and the premium can be tinted to match your truck's color..

Both have the lifetime tear warranty so if you nick, tear, or damage it they will fix it for free. I love mine.

A wheel barrow is a wheel barrow and deserves to be used like a wheel barrow. In short, do nothing.

Own a 1999 Silverado that has lived its life in Sunny California. My truck bed was thrashed so I purchased Line X Premium, it has been two years and it still looks brand new. It has the same shine as it did when I first got it installed 2 years ago and the truck is not garaged so it see's plenty of 100+ degree days.

Whether you should get regular or premium is up to you. My truck is my main form of transportation, plan on keeping it awhile, use the bed for moving tree's, furniture, tool boxes, you name it so to me it was worth the few extra bucks. Glad I did it.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
A wheel barrow is a wheel barrow and deserves to be used like a wheel barrow. In short, do nothing.

Says the man that hates pickups?

radtech91, I've have the factory (standard LineX) in my current F150, and had a Rhino liner in my previous rig. I much preferred the thicker Rhino liner as it was less likely to dent when tossing things into the bed. It was also more comfortable when you were in there doing stuff (and not standing).

Last edited:
One of my trucks has a 10 year old standard Line-X in it.

I took these pictures a few minutes ago...
46cWcgu.jpg

xmM4gtT.jpg

M9W4SZ1.jpg

VicoGKt.jpg

MrCbOUF.jpg

I think it has held up pretty good for 10 years of use. It is faded, and there is some damage, but the bed would be in much worse shape without it. It has done its job.

Thanks for the pictures and replies. I'm thinking I'll just go with the standard. If it fades that's fine. It's a truck bed. It's gonna haul stuff. I just want protection against rust.

Some guys have the bottom few inches of the doors and rocker panels done.
Take a look for stone chips in the paint. My truck is only 4 years old and a disaster zone under there.

I would keep the factory plastic for a few more years then tear it out and line-x.

First thing they have to do is destroy your bed paint so it will stick anyway.

Maybe you could catch a sale... premium at regular price or something to that effect.

I wonder what a 10-20 year old line/x looks like underneath the box. Is it actually protecting the metal bed or just insulating it. Like, does water end up getting in there after a while and stand and begin the rusting process?

It probably matters more the process the installer performs than what the end product looks like to us.

I know I sure would hate to ruin a bed from over caring for it. ,i know someone that killed a bed with the plastic liner. NVH, sand and dust along with moisture water get in there and do a number on it. I think a rubber mat would be best. It will be good to your knees should you ever have to kneel. You can pull it and armor all it and wash out the bed floor from time to time.

Other than my opinion, Georgiey sounded like he knew some stuff!

Just realized I never came back here. I got the regular line x done on the bed and the premium on the side steps. It's been working out great.

I'm thinking about getting the front and rear bumpers done as well.

Sorry I don't know why it flipped the images.

Originally Posted By: userfriendly
Some guys have the bottom few inches of the doors and rocker panels done.
Take a look for stone chips in the paint. My truck is only 4 years old and a disaster zone under there.

I was thinking about that as well when I get the bumpers done. They had some nice examples on their website of that. There was a guy getting a Tundra done and he had the bottom part of the truck done on the sides and it looked nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back