Unique number of lugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chevy Uplander has six lugs. The Astro also had 6 lugs but that was based off a truck platform. The Uplander is a FWD minivan platform.

04-07 Cadillac CTS-V has 6 lug wheels. Something about wheel bearings and track use.

French cars like 3 lugs
laugh.gif

I saw a guy driving on one lug the other day. I'm sure it had 4 or 5, but there was only one lug nut on the left rear. You should have seen it wobbling down the road. I saw his face once and you could tell he knewsomething was amiss. We finally came to a stop light... 'Hey!! Your wheel is about to come off.' Foreign guy, he kinda waved me off. I think he knew, and he was just trying to get it some where that sold lug nuts or something. That sort of thing probably isn't out of the ordinary where he comes from.

bvance,

I wonder is that how they got the Griswold Family Truckster to wobble after Clark launched it in the desert.

It was pretty neat to see the wheel 'gyrate' like that. Kind of like when Elaine was enamored by the stack of tires spinning in that one episode.

Cool stuff!

Vipers have 6 because they raided the Dakota parts bin for wheel spindles. (Seriously.) I recall Smartcars have 3.

My mazda b2000 had 6 lugs. Overbuilt little truck. The rear brake drum took all of the 14 inch rim, as well.

I bet dodge rampage and VW Caddy type unibody FWD pickups from the early 1980s had 4 lug rims.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
bvance,

I wonder is that how they got the Griswold Family Truckster to wobble after Clark launched it in the desert.

It was pretty neat to see the wheel 'gyrate' like that. Kind of like when Elaine was enamored by the stack of tires spinning in that one episode.

Cool stuff!

THey could have put washers behind the lug studs then reapplied the lug nuts, but I think they just found some junk rims and mauled them with a hydraulic ram.

You notice later on when they "drop off" Aunt edna that the wheels aren't as comically bent as they were in the desert.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Some mid 60's large Pontiac's had 8 lug.

Yep. We had a 62 Grand Prix that had 8 lug rims. I remember my pops working on it when I was a little kid. Remember the very distinctive brake drums on it also.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
French cars like 3 lugs
laugh.gif

If everyone else was using 3 lugs, the French would use 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back