Funny Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yup

So this one time, I posted a satirical post on a website that dedicates itself to oil and car repair. I feigned worry that my OEM Honda filter wasn't filtering well enough due to the opinion of many members that anything less than 99.9% @ 20 microns will cause engine failure if used regularly. Then this guy, must be a moderator, "Bill in Utah", closed the thread because he accused me of trolling. Well, I got news for him. I was merely pointing out the fact, in a fun and humorous way, that OEM filters are fine. And that people worried about it are silly.

Actually, it may have smelled slightly of trolling. But still, makes me wonder if anything fun happens in Utah.

Is this the appropriate section for satire and sarcasm?

except humor is supposed to be funny.

When its not funny and not obviously humor...its Trolling.

Posting something false to get a rise out of people... Trolling.

Polluting a helpful forum with falsehood... Trolling

YEP, seems like trolling is a good description.

Originally Posted By: Rand
except humor is supposed to be funny.

When its not funny and not obviously humor...its Trolling.

Posting something false to get a rise out of people... Trolling.

YEP, seems like trolling is a good description.

1. Eye of the beholder. I'd bet some people had a chuckle.
2. The fact that me "worried" if I should change my OEM filter at 1500 miles for fear flow over filtration will ruin my engine ISN'T obviously humorous is, well, humorous in itself.
3. Yeah, probably
4. Wasn't really a falsehood. Just needed my imaginary worries addressed.

Also, a good chunk of people have old wive's tale type stuff they believe and post on here. Like how an OEM filter is somehow scary because it values flow over filtration. That's a falsehood. Someone should jump on them.

Great, I'm having having flashbacks from like a decade ago when folks asked about the best fartcan exhaust and how great their brand was and how everything else sucks....

So just put your OCOD on and deal with it
thankyou2.gif
.....( OEM always a good choice)

Next!

blupupher said:
So where is this "funny story" that the thread title alludes to

Three unmarried men were waiting to tee off when the starter walked up to them and said, "You see that beautiful blonde practicing her putting?"

"Her? Wow, she is beautiful," they all said.

"She's a good golfer," he continued, "and would like to hook up with a group. None of the other groups will play with a wom- an. Can she play with you? She won't hold you up, I promise." They looked at each other and said, "Sure! She can join us." Just as the starter said, the woman played well and kept up. Plus, they kept noticing, she was very attractive.

When they reached the 18th hole, she said that if she sank her 18-footer, she'd break 80 for the first time. "Guys, I'm so excited about breaking 80 that I have to tell you something. I had a great time playing with you. I can tell you all really love golf. I want you to know that I'm single and want to marry a man who loves golf as much as I do. If one of you guys can read this putt correctly and I make it, I'll marry whichever of you was right!"

All three jumped at the opportunity. The first one looked over the putt and said, "I see it breaking 10 inches left to right." The second looked it over from all sides and said, "No, I see it breaking eight inches right to left."

The third man looked at the woman, looked at the ball, and said, "Pick it up. It's good!"

it's known as a "gimme" when the ball is close enough to the hole that all playing the game know that the golfer will make it. so it's not played and one stroke accounted.

the funny part is that "gimme's" are usually inches from the hole not feet, and particularly not 18 feet, but the last golfer out smarted the other two golfer's by awarding her a "gimmme"....

LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back