DieHard Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming soon to a Sears near you (assuming Sears lasts that long).
Sears DieHard Tires
Originally Posted By: ModernTireDealer
He says the company decided to leverage the iconic legacy of the DieHard brand, beginning with a study of nearly 600 consumers. Each was given a list of 10 tire brands, which included Michelin and Goodyear. “We asked them, ‘If you were to going to buy a tire, which brand would you buy?' And wouldn’t you know, out of the 10 brands, DieHard finished in the top five.”

The Modern Tire Dealer article points out the power of branding-DieHard tires don't yet exist, but in consumers minds they rated in the top 5 of brands listed.
Sears isn't saying which manufacturers have been tapped to make the tires-hopefully they didn't outsource them to China.
Some of the Sears brands (DieHard, Craftsman, Kenmore, etc) are the only marginally bright spots in an otherwise bleak future for Sears.

I used to buy sears tires in the late 80's , the roadhandlers. They used to be good tires. Like most things, when their service quality went down, i quit buying there. Unless they improve service , it might not work for long. They started charging like 23-25 bucks per tire for balancing , mounting. For that price i got broken wheel studs and [censored] balancing, its why i have not bought tires there in almost 30 years.

Interesting article Pop, likes for sharing.

Last edited:
I have to agree with you. The Sear's employees are so pretty in TV commercials but when you get there it's a different story.

Disinterested fools who DID NOT graduate anywhere near the top of their automotive school class. (like they went). Too bad really.

I'm surprised they didn't brand them as Allstate. Oh wait they tried that already.
lol.gif

Hopefully Cooper Tire.. they already make tons of private label now.

If they are Pegasus or LingDong... that would be sad.

They just introduced Patriot tires, and are pushing them hard.

Funny though, that the Memorial Day promotions all excluded "Patriot" tires

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Sears isn't saying which manufacturers have been tapped to make the tires-hopefully they didn't outsource them to China.

It's seems extremely unlikely that the tires will be produced in the USA.

If they were made in the USA there would be no price advantage. I refuse to believe (regardless of the focus group) that someone would pass up a "name brand" tire in lieu of the Diehard tire all things being equal.

There are plenty of decent tires made in Thailand, and Taiwan and a few other places outside of the U.S.

My apology to the "Union" people on here.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

It's seems extremely unlikely that the tires will be produced in the USA.

They could be, I bought a set of multimile XTX sport tires for the CRV and they were made in the US. Probably Cooper made them. Seem good so far but winter is the real test.

This whole Sears/Kmart situation is a real shame. I used to shop at both stores quite a bit. Kmart hasn't been in the D/FW area for years and I'm surprised to see Sears is still here. I really don't believe a new line of tires, regardless of the name, will be nearly enough to keep Sears going for much longer.

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Die hard, exactly what you will do when you try to use these soon to be garbage tires in any sorta bad weather

Let's not start the age-old untrue argument off shore tires are inherently more dangerous. And your harm yourself and everybody else on the road using them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Die hard, exactly what you will do when you try to use these soon to be garbage tires in any sorta bad weather

Let's not start the age-old untrue argument off shore tires are inherently more dangerous. And your harm yourself and everybody else on the road using them.

There is off shore and off shore /off brand...which from what I have read and seen mostly use inferior rubber compounds for wet and cold weather/mileage as well as miles received and tread patterns to match.

Unsafe as blowing up when used as intended...Not that I have seen.

I'm opposed to private label tires, but I know not all are necessarily bad.

The Mirada Sport GTX is made by Yokohama in Virginia. Many of Walmart's private label Douglas, and some of their exclusive Goodyears, are US-made. Goodyear hasn't made private label tires for 10 years, except for Walmart. I don't know of any private label Michelins. But most tire companies do make private labels.

Cooper is probably the king of private labels, and they're made in the US, Mexico, and China. Most of their Mastercrafts are Mexican. While Mexico may not be as good as American-made, it's certainly better than China.

I had a set of Guardsman from Sears way back a long time ago. They were made by Bridgestone, but I don't know the country of origin, but it was probably Mexico.

I bought a set of "guardsman" H rated tires for our matrix.

$270 for a set of 4 installed.

They have been fine so far no issues.

I thought they were made by cooper but the ones I received are made in china.

The Sears offering was $100 less than similar no name tires from Discount Tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back