New STP 5-in-1 Engine Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used or did an analysis on the new STP 5-in-1 Engine Treatment. It says it has anti-wear additives and is based on a premium synthetic oil (whatever that means).

I looked at the site and can't find anything that lists what's in it. Even the sds doesn't give any specifics other than viscosity level and flashpoint (unless I missed it). I don't know what is in this stuff.

http://www.stp.com/products/oil-additives/ultra-5-in-1-high-performance-engine-treatment

SDS:

http://www.stp.com/sites/default/files/STP%20Ultra%205-IN-1%20High%20Performance%20Engine%20Treatment%20%282014-09%29.pdf

Thanks

Last edited:
Quote:
Since 1954, STP® oil additives have been helping engines withstand the toughest conditions. STP® Ultra 5-in-1 formula is scientifically engineered to enhance your motor oil’s effectiveness. It has been formulated to help maximize protection levels and performance.

Should read:

Quote:
Since 1934, COMMERCIAL oil additives have been helping engines withstand the toughest conditions. COMMERCIAL oil additives have been formulated to help maximize protection levels and performance.

Last edited:
Oil of snake, artificial 50, Oil of skunk 51, essence of lizard 27, neat's foot oil 32, oil of spiny tailed lizard 17, amber color.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Oil of snake, artificial 50, Oil of skunk 51, essence of lizard 27, neat's foot oil 32, oil of spiny tailed lizard 17, amber color.

Lol

Engine Friction Guard Formula #22.5 - Scientifically driven to keep your engine safe. "Never be without the 'Guard!"

Originally Posted By: BikeWhisperer
So basically it does everything a good motor oil already does...

I would modify that a bit and say:

So basically a good motor oil already does that and more...

Originally Posted By: Trav
No Nano particles? How about the official additive of NASCAR?

STP, back in the 60's and 70's that stuff was gold for all the old beaters, used it in my old chevy 230 straight six oil burner
cheers3.gif

I've used STP to thicken recently changed oil in a burner. I has (or had) it's place. But these sorts of "oil stabilizing" products are just beyond ridiculous at this point...

I saw a synthetic version of STP Oil Treatment at Wally's the other day as well, at double the price of blue bottle of course. And the "High Mileage" silver bottle version that has been out a couple years.

When I was young no oil change was complete till you added STP, Richard Petty said so!

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
I saw a synthetic version of STP Oil Treatment at Wally's the other day as well, at double the price of blue bottle of course. And the "High Mileage" silver bottle version that has been out a couple years.

When I was young no oil change was complete till you added STP, Richard Petty said so!

IIRC Richard Petty advertisement endorsement helped make it the #1 oil additive in the world.

STP...was a german acronym for oil thickner used to slow oil loss in messerschmidt and stuka planes during ww2. Seems the technology hasnt improved since its birth. Avoid STP like the plaque.

STP... Stands for "Scientifically Treated Petroleum" and as far as I know had nothing to do with copied German anything. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back