Which car has the coldest AC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy thread bump Batman! Summer heat is among us so let's keep sharing the A/C performance of our vehicles.

Honda Pilot -- The car has bunch of heavy duty cooling components but the A/C isn't that great. Takes a while to cool down the cabin on a hot day.

Accord -- Better than the Pilot but still not freeze-your-pants-off cold. The 14 yr old system probably needs a recharge.

I35 -- Love it. The Calsonic-Kansei variable displacement compressor cools down the black leather fast on hot days. Even on the lowest fan setting, the cabin's frosty.

We had a hot spell recently, hot for Canada which means it was in the mid 90s. The AC in the Grand Caravan did a superb job and got the vehicle down to the comfortable level pretty quickly as well. I could hear the climate control dialing the fans down after few minutes of operation.

In my Mazda 3 I have to keep the fan on high for at least 10-15 minutes before it can be dialed down.

Workmate had a Land Rover with no gas.

Mixed up a brew of isobutane and propane for him, now it snows inside his car on humid days....that's cold.

It doesn't have the coldest A/C but it has the coolest top when it is down.

With the top down and easy cruising on mountain roads the S2000(and Miata) is hard to beat. Cool air massage your head and shoulders, excellent view all around is what I call good driving.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
The AC cant get below 32F or the Evap will freeze solid. Thats why you have a low pressure cycling switch.

Out of all the cars I see I'd say that the Crown Vic is the most efficient. Most Fords work pretty well at lowering cabin temps quickly.

I agree! I drove a 2013 F150 with the 3.7L as a patrol vehicle last year in the heat of the summer and that sucker would make an Eskimo beg for a fire!

Originally Posted By: mclasser
Holy thread bump Batman! Summer heat is among us so let's keep sharing the A/C performance of our vehicles.

Honda Pilot -- The car has bunch of heavy duty cooling components but the A/C isn't that great. Takes a while to cool down the cabin on a hot day.

Accord -- Better than the Pilot but still not freeze-your-pants-off cold. The 14 yr old system probably needs a recharge.

I35 -- Love it. The Calsonic-Kansei variable displacement compressor cools down the black leather fast on hot days. Even on the lowest fan setting, the cabin's frosty.

Between my family and myself we have owned 4 Nissans and have always loved the A/C systems on them. They work great, and have never once needed a single repair or recharge ever. Very reliable A/C systems in those cars. (All VQ equipped cars)

The Caprice I just bought has the best A/C of any car I have ever been in period...It is a dang freezer in there.

The A/C in the 2011 Regal is quite good. Nowadays temps touch 93 F. in the afternoon, so I fire the air up when I leave work, set to LO and recirculate. Within about 10 minutes I have to edge the temp knob up to about 68, at least on my side. By the time I'm within a mile of home I take the recirc off.

It helps, no doubt, that I have good tint all around, that the interior volume of the car is not huge, and I park the car where it will get some PM shade. Also front and rear sunshades -- so it doesn't get roastingly hot inside while I'm gone.

Coldest I've ever seen was in our 98 F800 flatbed. Will literally freeze you out on a 90 degree day on the low setting.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Lol cavalier probably. When it's working, the A/C is arctic blast cold.

That car does have one of the highest performing AC systems I have ever come across.

I have very fast cold a/c in the Mazda 6 - it's so much better than my Subaru was for a/c and heat performance. I also remember my Pontiac Firebird (2000 year) having seriously frosty air... right around 35F out of the vents on hot days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back