Not open for further replies.
Outdoor ambient temp: 94°F
Outdoor Rh: 64%
Solar Intensity: 955 W/sqr. meter
Solar Heat Index: 132°F

Indoor temp: 78°F
Indoor Rh: 44%

Thank God for Freon!

Solar Heat Index. Is that like (up North) Wind Chill Factor ? ? ?
If it is, wow 132*F
I get uncomfortable at anything above 85*
------------------------------------------
Up here, we have Hot Summers and Cold Winters.

So, to save on utilities, I heat my house in the Summer and Cool it in the Winter.
It's all in the mind,,, (I keep telling myself).

Time to resurrect my Traditional Summertime Post:

And this was the "warm weather" you wished for so devoutly in February! BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

(Hm. I beg your pardon. We return you now to our regularly scheduled ranting.) Perhaps we should suggest sainthood for Mr. Carrier of air-conditioning fame.

Not me my friend! I'm never praying for July in Feb. I actually like cold weather. You're referring to the weenies who wear coats when it's 72° F outside and think that's a COLD front.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: larryinnewyork
Solar Heat Index. Is that like (up North) Wind Chill Factor ? ? ?
If it is, wow 132*F
I get uncomfortable at anything above 85*

Solar heat index = ambient temp + Rh + wind speed + solar intensity.

You Yankees need to stay up there during the Summer. Don't ever come down here this time of year or you'll melt.

Actually, I need another job up North so I can escape the Summer heat! I wouldn't miss June-Sept. here at all......

Originally Posted By: azjake
Holy Cow!!! This makes the 98 degrees and 9% humidity here in Phoenix seem down right nice...

Oh easily.

In the Sun though, I bet it's about 115°F. At least sweating cools you off in your climate. Here, it does me no good. I just have to change shirts & soak another....or stay indoors.

Yesterday I had a 1.5mi hike one-way when I mistakenly backed the sled into a concrete ditch. I had to walk back home to get a neighbor + truck to pull me out. Just wore me out...and I'm even in shape!

A long, cold shower never felt better!

Yesterday is was 95 with 83% humidity here on the gulf coast. I don't even go outside. I have already started praying for November.

Don't move to southern California. We already have enough people.

Our weather isn't perfect all the time. Last week it was one degree too cool. Before that it was 2 degrees too cool. Next week it's projected to be 1 degree too hot. These extreme spreads in temperatures are proof that you should stay where you are be thankful you don't have to survive under such extreme conditions.

Originally Posted By: sleddriver

Thank God for Freon!

I say: curse freon. The population down here wasn't nearly so huge before AC. :)

Seriously, I never had an air-conditioned classroom until junior high school, and we all tolerated heat a lot better. Now I sit in an office that the powers-that-be keep at 68 degrees in the summer and freeze all day, then walk out to the car and the heat feels 10x worse. I feel a whole lot better whenever I head to west Texas and camp in the heat for a while and get used to it again. Fewer aches, pains, clearer sinuses... just all around better. I LOVE the summer heat.

Actually it would be just fine if they kept the office at ~75-78 just to knock the humidity down. But its lunacy keeping it in the 60s when its nearly 100 outside!

105 here today and humidity in 80s. Tomorrow 106 and rain all day so 99 humidity

The joy of living 10 seconds from the ocean

Not me my friend! I'm never praying for July in Feb. I actually like cold weather. You're referring to the weenies who wear coats when it's 72 75° F outside and think that's a COLD front.
crackmeup2.gif

It's me !

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

Our weather isn't perfect all the time. Last week it was one degree too cool. Before that it was 2 degrees too cool. Next week it's projected to be 1 degree too hot. These extreme spreads in temperatures are proof that you should stay where you are be thankful you don't have to survive under such extreme conditions.

crackmeup2.gif

Thank God for Freon!

Lived in Louisiana for 10 years with a swamp as my back yard, and central texas for 22 years. It isnt as bad as Louisiana.

35 years in Texas (primarily South Texas but some West Texas and Central Texas but mostly South Texas) 5 years NE Ohio, 6.5 years in SE Louisiana, 5 years NW Ohio, back to South Texas again.

Never had A/C in classrooms until High School.

South Texas remains my preference but I pay homage to Mr. Carrier and economical refrigerants.

Originally Posted By: Kuato

In the Sun though, I bet it's about 115°F.

Sorry but that's 9948°F.
Wrong.

Since you waded-in off topic, in a cheeky-way & just left that slow ball hanging right in front of me, here it comes right back at you:

The temp ON the Sun's surface may be ~ 10,000°F, but I didn't use ON above, I used IN. Therefore, the INternal temp of the Sun's core is a few million °F, as the core is where nuclear fusion (not fission) occurs.

I could look up the exact number, but....

I got your Goog...go Goog this! Ha!

Some of us HAVE studied both solar & astro-physics.....(better put some ice on that line drive that just hit you....)

I just HAD to do it.....

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

Don't worry...enough Cali's have invaded Tx as it is. They're easily spotted melting on the sidewalk. Further, they think they're safe driving through flooded low-water crossings because they drive a Euro SUV. Instead, they make the nightly news....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back