2010 Ford Fusion - 2.5L - 7,400 mi - Pennz Study

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty straightforward. This was my full run on Pennzoil Platinum Ultra 5w20 as part of the study shared here by Gena Fishbeck.

This run was just a hair under 7,400 miles. I would have run the full 7,500 but the weekend came slightly before I hit 7,500 and if I had waited another weekend, it would have gone to about 7,700 miles, so I just went and did it.

The oil filter for this run was a Motorcraft FL400s. The mileage for this OCI consisted of approximately 95% highway driving @ 70-75mph.

ofmrl5.jpg

Looks Good....but I'm thinking it would look just as good with PYB or any other quality dino at that OCI.

The 2.5 Duratec in my 16' Escape has a 5.7 quart oil capacity so I think 7500 miles on dino is quite doable....especially with that much highway driving.

Originally Posted By: pbm
Looks Good....but I'm thinking it would look just as good with PYB or any other quality dino at that OCI.

Indeed. If you look at the previous run, on the right, with 7,558 miles - That run was 60% plain dino, and about 40% synthetic, and it did just fine.

Originally Posted By: pbm
The 2.5 Duratec in my 16' Escape has a 5.7 quart oil capacity so I think 7500 miles on dino is quite doable....especially with that much highway driving.

Agreed. I'm planning a 10,000 mile OCI for my current fill, which is 100% PPU 5w20 and a Fram Ultra 3614.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Nice- try a Fram Ultra next time for kicks!

See above
wink.gif

I have been doing 10K OCIs in both Duratech engines with M1 0-20AFE. Both engines perform like new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back