Imperial Oil Canada selling all Esso gas stations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there are more stringent in-ground tank restrictions and inspections that in the Peoples Kollective of Kailfornia... And around here, Shell is buying old independent stations and small chains and refurbishing them. They bought Beacon (small chain) a few years ago and tore up all the in-ground tanks. Now they sell at major brand prices, but are open until 11:00 PM...

They would not have done that if there was not $$ to be made. These stations have no lube rooms, just fuel and candy, smokes, etc.

76 cut a deal with Circle K a while back and they are all over too. Citgo went with 7-11 stores. The majors are slowly knocking the local independents down one by one ...

Costco has the best local prices by anywhere from 5 cents to a dime. I make enough back on my Costco card annually to pay for the membership and have around $50 as rewards to spend.

Changing related card this month from AmEx to Citi (yuck), but will still off 3% back on fuel up $1K annually. So that's lowest prices AND another 3% off each time I fill up
smile.gif

Last edited:
Ironically, Shell just built a station here right next to a Costco, so will have to watch its pricing. It was on the location of an old Turbo gas station, a chain that was bought out by Shell years ago. For whatever reason, they never tried to sell the land, or no one decided to buy it, so there's a gas station there once again. It's the same, fuel, candy, smokes. Getting in and out of the place is a bit of a chore.

That would be on the south side of #1, but I invented a Queen City by-pass.
Manitoba paved a 16K connector on highway #21 between #1 and #2.
Now I can take the Red Coat Trail to Weyburn, then cut back up to #1 and come out just east of Moose Jaw.

Esso card lock @ Brandon, Swift Current or on the other side of Medicine Hat.
That would jip Wall out of his road tax on fuel, and give it to What's Her Name in Alberta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back