Ferrari or Lamborghini Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can help by putting up competing advertisements.

I would narrowly choose the Ferrari here. It's more gracious.

Ferrari: (2012 FF)

Lamborghini: (Aventador debut. LP 700-4)

The big (?) Lambo is a great car, and super duper fast, but owners will tell you it "lightens up" and becomes more alive and fun when AWD is disconnected, and the Ferrari always seems just a touch slower than a Lambo.. And always just the slightest bit more sculpted and gracious. IMHO.

Yes, with that generation I choose the Ferrari aswell, but with the Countach/F40 the comparison is a bit unfair, the Countach being much older....

^ I never did like a 612 Scaglietti. Seems like a Ferrari backfire to me. I would choose the Gallardo.

And Jetronic is right, there really is not any comparison of a Countach 4000 S (or any Countach) vs an F40. For the longest, Lamborghini was viewed as not making "real cars" over the Countach, and the Diablo was known for falling apart and cheap build.

Countach looks cool on wall posters but otherwise its a car seen only very rarely and used even less, arms stick out like pipe cleaners and car shakes around engine and visibility is low. Looks cool but looks weird and borderline ugly..

How about Lamborghini Miura vs Ferrari Dino?
smile.gif

Only thing that distinct Lamborghini from other supercars is outrages design, and the fact that is built in Italy, country of supercars. That two gave Lamborghini special aura.

Ferrari is a real, well built, proper sports car. Also has biggest track in winning races in history of motoring ( Mercedes and AR would come close second).

Pagani is a great manufacturer that should be compared with Ferrari, not Lamborghini.

Countach LP400 S vs. Testarossa was always my childhood dilemma. 8 year old me would have had a Testarossa. 35 year old me would have a Countach.

Miura vs anything... Miura wins.

Modern Lamborghinis are for athletes, psudo-celebrities, and bros.

Funny. First you say this:
Originally Posted By: chrisri

Ferrari is a real, well built, proper sports car. Also has biggest track in winning races in history of motoring ( Mercedes and AR would come close second).

Then you say this:

Pagani is a great manufacturer that should be compared with Ferrari, not Lamborghini.

Pagani is nearly the exact same company as Lamborghini. Outrageously styled. Built in Italy. No racing pedigree.

Originally Posted By: MrHorspwer

Then you say this:

Pagani is nearly the exact same company as Lamborghini. Outrageously styled. Built in Italy. No racing pedigree.

Mercedes-Benz AMG engines.

Only seen in rap videos.

Only thing that distinct Lamborghini from other supercars is outrages design, and the fact that is built in Italy, country of supercars. That two gave Lamborghini special aura.

I thought Porsche has the most wins in motorsports? Mazda has to be getting up there too

I was surprised by this...I was Ferrari all the way, Lambhorgini seemed less classic and timeless.

Then I remembered the diablo, muira and a few others.

hmmm. Depends on the model I guess.

Countach LP400 S vs. Testarossa was always my childhood dilemma. 8 year old me would have had a Testarossa. 35 year old me would have a Countach.

I agree!! The Miura has always been one of my fave cars.

Originally Posted By: Prune_Juice
^

How about Lamborghini Miura vs Ferrari Dino?
smile.gif

Modern Lamborghinis are for athletes, psudo-celebrities, and bros.

4l4sXk3.jpg

The only car I'd kill for. ...

Quote:
Miura vs anything.. Miura wins.

Ferrari Dino:

LK3QkDW.jpg

Efyfjkv.jpg

Lamborghini Miura:

ZJcIbtq.jpg

nx1pSep.jpg

That Miura is
20.gif

I believe I do like the Miura better.

And I've never ever before heard of a 3.9L V12 in my life. That sounds pretty awesome.

If the conversation is limited to cars that have been made available to the public and we discount concept cars, technological showcase one-off cars for shows etc, then (in my opinion):

The Ferrari F40 is THE MOST appealing car ever conceived of, from it's uncompromising focus to the form that entirely follows function, the mythology of the first ever 200+mph road car, the noise, the passion and the perception bending acceleration, nothing else even comes close.
Sure, a Camry is more practical and more comfortable and a chipped diesel truck makes more power and torque, but nothing holds a candle to the F40. It doesn't even have ABS!!
I can't argue that the Miura is more beautiful, and I can't argue that the LM002 bought 4wd to the supercar arena 20+ years earlier than Ferrari, but Lamborghini has been little more an a dressed up Audi for many years and prior to that the Diablo and Countach were impossible to drive unless you were a mix between Tom Cruise (short) and a gorilla (stupidly strong).

The choic is between the sometimes distasteful but very accomplished drivers car, or the consistently ostentatious under performer.

That being said, I would find a modern Lamborghini easier to live with as a daily driver but in that kind of price range I'd keep the Ferrari as a toy and continue to daily the Scirocco.

Then you say this:

Difference between a Pagani and Lamborghini is that although they are both overdesigned, Pagani is brilliantly engineered vehicle, and other really isn't.

Then you say this:

Mercedes-Benz AMG engines.

Only seen in rap videos.

Mercedes AMG engine specifically engineered for Pagani, not some random C class left over.

http://cdn.silodrome.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Alfa-Romeo-33-Stradale.jpg

My favourite design, really nice ^

Last edited:
Another all time fave of mine,the Mercedes C-111. There are some beautiful Mercedes cars in this video. They were so classy looking back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back