Mobil 1 vs Castrol Edge Black w/ Titanium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan to use one of those two in my cruze next oil change.

Looking to go 6-8k miles on it for this summer.

Which one is better for fuel economy? ..... mouhahah!

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
M1 0w30 AFE

But for 6-8k, even the cheapest dexos will do. Especially 6k km! Are you following the OLM?
6,8 miles

No noticeable difference in fuel economy between the two, mouhahah!

In all seriousness, both of these are awesome oils & you really couldn't go wrong with either one. I've used them both numerous times without an issue.
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: Branson304
No noticeable difference in fuel economy between the two, mouhahah!

In all seriousness, both of these are awesome oils & you really couldn't go wrong with either one. I've used them both numerous times without an issue.
cool.gif

haha! yeah I know this has probably been debated a million time, but hey what the heck!!

Why don't you put in Mobil 1 EP or Castrol Edge Gold and do 12K miles. The 1.8 is easy on oil...the 1.4T is not.

Why don't you put in Mobil 1 EP or Castrol Edge Gold and do 12K miles. The 1.8 is easy on oil...the 1.4T is not.

Honestly for that kind of an OCI, you could use QS full synthetic which is dexos approved and at a great price.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
If you like better fuel economy then try xW20. How good xW20 in a an engine spec'ed for xW30 is another thing.

I could be wrong, but didn't you use a Pennzoil Platinum 5w20 in your MB? Isn't it calling for 0w40 or 40 weights in general? I'm just curious how that went... Did you have any issues? What was the OCI?

Probably no noticeable difference.

I really like the Edge line overall.

Both are excellent oils and you will never tell the difference in MPG within the same grade.

Buy whichever is on sale unless you are brand loyal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back