Radiator fan running more often?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed recently, with the warmer temperature, that the radiator fan on my cruze starts more often and seems more loud, maybe its just me.

I was at the drive thru the other day and I noticed the fan was starting and running full blast for like 3 sec and then stop, and would go again like 2-3 min later.

I never really noticed that before, but it doesnt seem normal to me.

I had the thermostat changed last winter, and my coolant is due for a change, its 5 years old.

There is no light in the dash, everything works perfect, no overheating.

Is this normal?

Thanks.

Does the fan come on and stay on at low speed with the A/C on?

If not, time for some electrical hunting

I had this problem with my Villager/Quest for the longest time

Turns out the low speed fan fusible link blew, resulting in no low speed cooling fan

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Does the fan come on and stay on at low speed with the A/C on?

If not, time for some electrical hunting

I had this problem with my Villager/Quest for the longest time

Turns out the low speed fan fusible link blew, resulting in no low speed cooling fan

No it doesnt stay on

Then make sure the fan is wokring on both speeds. Not sure how this car is setup if it has two fans, one low and one high, or a single fan that has multiple speeds. If it has multiple fans make sure both work.

Im 98% sure there's nothing out of the ordinary wrong with you car.

My Focus had an audible fan noise when I turned on the a/c in a hot parking lot. It also is in fine running condition

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Then make sure the fan is wokring on both speeds. Not sure how this car is setup if it has two fans, one low and one high, or a single fan that has multiple speeds. If it has multiple fans make sure both work.

Some cars a two smaller fan, my cruze has only a big one

Warmer weather and idling will cause the fan to run more. Your car is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back