Dodge Challenger 6.4 Scat Pack rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manual for my 2016 485 HP Mopar says oil/filter changes are mandatory every 6 months,regardless of miles. There are only 2 oils that are approved,one is Mopar and the other is Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W40. These and the Hemi SRT filters are VERY expensive and they are not readily available on store shelves so no deals to be had. This car is a garage queen that may see 2K miles a year at most. I changed it at 6 months and 1.6K to keep the warranty in force. I did not mind getting out any swarf in the new mill. I called the dealer and was basically told that I MUST change it every 6 months even if it only had 1 mile on it since the last change to keep my warranty. I would not mind so much if I was dumping $20 worth of Super Tech and a Fram but I'm looking at $75 a pop with me doing all the work! At 67 years of age and all of my other vehicles it also ain't as much fun as it used to be....END of RANT

That's only twice a year.
21.gif

Research said PRIUS.....Gonads said Scat Pack with 485 Horses up front

Last edited:
You could make that oil Mobil 2 for the Ram Hemi....

If you only have a thousand or two on it, recycle it in your garage.

Or, if it's a garage queen and Sunday Cruiser, buy oil and filter every 6 months at the Dodge boys and build a small stash. Change it annually...

Figure out a way to get fake receipts with oil and filter for your records. Just change it once a year or two.

Like, order online and turn around and cancel the order before it gets dispatched to shipping.

Solution: buy the appropriate oil and filter every 6 months to establish a paper trail.

Then, you can 1) return it 2) stockpile it for the End Times 3) use it in another vehicle.

Sneaky....I have been having these evil thoughts myself. We Bitogers are a shifty bunch!! HA HA

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
So... How much was the car?

$75 every 6 months is "too expensive."

Exactly. If you can afford the $$$$ to buy the car and barely drive it, you can afford to change the oil.

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
Solution: buy the appropriate oil and filter every 6 months to establish a paper trail.

Then, you can 1) return it 2) stockpile it for the End Times 3) use it in another vehicle.

Boom! Brilliant! I don't see how the engine would break if you put 1 mile on it in 6 months and didn't change the oil. If it does, I wouldn't want to own it.

Old codger with a new knee does not like crawling under all those ground effects every six months. I am an oil changing fool with 3 cars,3 bikes and 2 mowers. Enough!!

another +1

Originally Posted By: oldhp

another +1

Yep, I agree.

Originally Posted By: hal26
Manual for my 2016 485 HP Mopar says oil/filter changes are mandatory every 6 months,regardless of miles.

What's there rationale? Seems a bit over board when most of the other car manufacturers say 1 year OCI or xxxx miles, which ever comes first.

I have the best solution. Drive the dang thing! What are you saving it for? To give to someone after your death with "low miles"

Hey hal... how about actually driving it enough to make it worth while when you have to change it?? If it were me I'd be driving that badboy everyday with gusto
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back