Bad body shop work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
rear door deer damaged $1600. took it in and the color was off along with alot of wavy filler...had them redo and of course its worse, now they're done, paid in full, apologized they can't get the visual back to normal. Do I have to accept that?

Last edited:
No, that's asinine. If the panel was not repairable, they should have replaced it. And there are precious few paint colors that present real colormatch issues these days (GM 800J "white diamond" is an abomination).

If they won't refund you, have your credit card company issue a chargeback or go to small claims court with pictures of the poor repair. Then find a real bodyshop; it's easy to find feedback on Yelp, Google Places, et cetera.

Don't be surprised if the bill to fix the poor repair is more than the original bill for their hackjob.

butchered the filler work, should have figured it out when there was a 'help wanted' sign on the lawn. I left poor reviews on Yelp, Facebook, Google maps and filed a BBB complaint. i can't think of any other leverage short of legal action.

Last edited:
Poor repairs are not covered by insurance. If they issued a check to cover the damage caused by the deer, they have no further obligation.

Was it even an insurance claim?

I'd be careful with negative reviews - many cases of businesses suing reviewers for slander these days. I think talking to the CC company would be a better choice. Unless you paid by check?

I think they chose repair instead of replacing door skin and lost the bet. Also may within an old upper mileage vehicle they thought you'd accept.

You can ask first for all or partial of money back but you burned that bridge with poor reviews. And then head to small claims claim.

Did you get other estimates for the same work and were they similar.

I bet the credit card charge back won't work either. This is just like construction work where you get to pay for all their mistakes and the only recourse you have is bad online reviews.

My dad's 07 Camry was hit twice. Once by a dear and another by an S10 driver with a large rear bumper in a parking lot. The first hit took out the front fender while the second one damaged the rear quarter panel. Both times the shop repainted the entire side of the car. The shop did an excellent job and you couldn't tell where the repairs were made. The shop is a joint venture between the dealer and a private body shop that has a few locations. Lifetime guarantee on repairs as long as the customer still owns it. I stopped in midway during the first repair to check the car and was impressed by the cleanliness and the organization of the place.

One time I spotted some body work done to a door on a Acura Legend coupe demo. They denied it at first then came clean. Said it was damaged pulling it into the showroom.

http://metroaccidentrepair.com/

it's hard to photo, cloudy here today..was an insurance claim...body shop paid in full.

those negative reviews have to be costly to them, I see they quickly posted a couple glowing reviews right after mine the same day...

Photos would be helpful.

Quality of work depends on worker. Another body repair guy *might* do better job. But few give a [censored] and have pride in their work.

Is the door all that's damaged? If so, a rear door shouldn't be hard to find at the junkyard. 1600 is a lot of money to fix one panel. Around here it would be half that or less.

People say take your car to a professional. This is what you get. And its a byproduct of insurance co. pressure to keep costs down. Body shops have to hire kids with little or no experience to be able to make a profit.

It would have been nice to slip in while it was being worked to see who was doing it.

Search the net on collision/body shop labor rates. There is much talk and complaints that insurance is forcing cheap labor rates.

Yep the shop I mentioned earlier wasn't on the insurance company's list of "approved" body shops. The claims guy later said he's worked with this shop a lot and said they do excellent work.
smile.gif

probably a difficult job as the crease dies into the fender was dented and that's crooked now and crease under the window also dented and now ripples in sunshine.

]bodywork[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back