MoS2 video of John Bowe's 351(C) race engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jetronic
where's the oil?

That struck me part way through - how do you get almost every drop of oil out of an engine before you tear it down? None whatsoever in the valleys of the head, etc. You'd have to pressure-wash it from the top down with a high-flash solvent. Or tear it down, clean it, and then put it back together.

I do not think they are misrepresenting the facts at all - but something seems odd with that tear-down.

I had to view video full screen to see the oil. Look at about 1:52 when the intake is removed and they pan in a bit. On the bottom end you can see the oil at 2:52.

I wonder if they change oil after every race, they did not talk about their oil change interval and frequency of adding mos2 or how much.

Yes, but the 60 races gave more than 7K miles. Do they cleaned the engine recently?

Last edited:
Wow! Gonna stick to using Lubegard Biotech. I did use mos2 in my hyundai accent and it ran very well with pennzoil/quaker state synthetic 5w30. Great video. Guess moly is the real deal huh?

Liqui Moly is a great company and their products work as advertised. They first introduced MoS2 oil additives some decades ago, if they didn't work I think they wouldn't last 60 years on the market. Both MoS2 and Ceratec are great.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Wow! Gonna stick to using Lubegard Biotech. I did use mos2 in my hyundai accent and it ran very well with pennzoil/quaker state synthetic 5w30. Great video. Guess moly is the real deal huh?

Lubro-Moly Mos2 is regarded as one of the real deal additives to put in oil, should one feel the need to do so.

Another is LGR, or LubeGard Red, for automatic transmissions.

Originally Posted By: Prune_Juice

Lubro-Moly Mos2 is regarded as one of the real deal additives to put in oil, should one feel the need to do so.

Yeah, these two are good additives and they cost very little so your out-of-pocket isn't so bad if they didn't work for your vehicles.

I use Lubro-Moly Mos2 1/4-1/3 can every oil change, my cost for additive is around $2-3 every 10k miles for E430 and 5k miles for S2000. Gasoline cost is several hundreds times that amount

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: Prune_Juice

Yeah, these two are good additives and they cost very little so your out-of-pocket isn't so bad if they didn't work for your vehicles.

I use Lubro-Moly Mos2 1/4-1/3 can every oil change, my cost for additive is around $2-3 every 10k miles for E430 and 5k miles for S2000. Gasoline cost is several hundreds times that amount

Add Biotech Engine Protectant to that list.
wink.gif

I'm not sure whether MoS2 or LG's BioTech is better price wise, but I have used both with anecdotal improvements to idle and acceleration. I also believe improved MPG as per current OCI and roughly 2 MPG gains per tank with the MoS2 currently. That seems to be in line with most improvements in that area reported. I drive part-time ride sharing these days and this small investment to a more demanding service is worth it to me. I will be using Lubegard's BioTech next interval.

I forget off-hand but isn't there an initial fill dosing for the MoS2 and a lower refill requirement on subsequent OCI?

Also, if I go straight to LG's product after being on the initial fill of MoS2 I'm sure there will be residual moly coating that may assist LG's performance... perhaps.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
I'm not sure whether MoS2 or LG's BioTech is better price wise, but I have used both with anecdotal improvements to idle and acceleration. I also believe improved MPG as per current OCI and roughly 2 MPG gains per tank with the MoS2 currently. That seems to be in line with most improvements in that area reported. I drive part-time ride sharing these days and this small investment to a more demanding service is worth it to me. I will be using Lubegard's BioTech next interval.

I forget off-hand but isn't there an initial fill dosing for the MoS2 and a lower refill requirement on subsequent OCI?

Also, if I go straight to LG's product after being on the initial fill of MoS2 I'm sure there will be residual moly coating that may assist LG's performance... perhaps.
21.gif

The advantage to Bio EP is it will not fall out of suspension like MoS2 will for people who have vehicles that sit for long periods of time. I also think it will help in cleaning an engine or keeping an engine clean better than MoS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back