Anyone Using Shell Spirax Multi for T-IV/3309

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just became aware of this product. Meets 3309 and Dex III, and the numbers are very close to Mobil 3309. Can this be had at a US Shell jobber?

Thanks for that, I may try it in my classic BMW airhead motorcycles, that's the only place I use gear oil, GL5.

Turns out that the local Shell jobber does have the Spirax ATF in stock. I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with it, or is it too new?

Those aren't the best specs, it sounds like a mineral based fluid which is fine as long as that's what you want. I can't see anything that I would use that in over Maxlife or another synthetic fluid.

Maxlife is easier to obtain and probably better too
smile.gif

Case of 12 is 45 plus tax. MSDS lists synthetic and hydrotreated base oils. I like that the specs are very close to Mobil 3309 and it satisfies Dex III.

I was wondering if the Spirax and the Pennzoil are the same fluid, but I checked and according to the MSDS, the Pennz contains the following:

2. COMPOSITION/INFORM
ATION ON INGREDIENTS
Highly refined mineral oils and additives.
The highly refined mineral oil contains % (w/w) DMSO-extract, according to IP346.

Update: I've got two drain fills of Shell Spirax S5 in the Toyota Highlander in lieu of T-IV, seems to shift and accelerate better. I've never experienced a noticeable improvement in trans. when changing fluids but this time is a little different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back