radiator hose install, 08 Matrix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to thank you for this trick. I used it on my Protegé5 last weekend replacing the upper radiator hose.

Worked like a champ.

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
You first put the spring clamp over the radiator hose neck, then push the hose on. Then, you only have to expand the clamp enough to go over the hose, not the barb.

That's only if you run into this type of issue.

Funny thing is that I've never had the issue. I thought of this on the fly in case I ever needed to use it.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Don't use the hose clamps on the shelf at the parts store. They're junk.

Better to use the ones they sell behind the counter in a big box to the mechanics, they're cheaper too.

They're more or less the same, I get these from Amazon - they are the same Gemi/Norma clamps used as OEM on BMW and Mercedes:

http://www.amazon.com/Precision-Brand-Sm..._1_1&sr=8-1

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Originally Posted By: Trav
Hey at least you got them now. Every mechanic I ever knew needed something they didn't have and should have bought a long time ago.

Actually, I don't have them...yet. I have been doing good work on cars for over 35 years and, yet, never knew there was such a thing as hose clamp pliers. It's on the shopping list.

I never had them or needed them but with engine compartments getting more cramped all the time they really help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back