Foamy car wash brush

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking it might be nice to have a foaming (soap) car wash brush like they have at the self-service car wash. My new pickup is a little higher off the ground (then previous vehicles) and I cannot get the hood with a sponge.

Costco has a kit like that. Every year I am tempted to purchase it but so far I have resisted the urge.

I would choose microfiber instead of brush. The microfiber will hold plenty of soap to get the job done.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Costco has a kit like that. Every year I am tempted to purchase it but so far I have resisted the urge.

Year after year.

Lol

It sounds like you will cave in sometime.

I cannot confidently resist oil, oil filters and microfibers, chamois, towels and cloths. I dont even use them-but they are stored as good as the store had them taken care of IMO.

Donald, I kind of dangle from the inside grab handle with one arm and use the other to wipe the roof panel. Might be dangerous!

I just checked and you dont need it for a van, s why not just get in the bed of the truck and do it that way. Granted a four door extended cab might not be as much of a success as a reg. cab.

Originally Posted By: BigD1
I would choose microfiber instead of brush. The microfiber will hold plenty of soap to get the job done.

+1

Been using quality car wash brushes I found on the internet years ago for some time now. Not the same [censored] found in your local store and double the price. The bristle fiber is the softest I have ever come across and it is feathered at the tips as well. Not the hose connect type but just a 4 sided brush that screws on a broom handle and holds loads of soap. Never scratched a thing on my new or collectable cars / SUV's. In the end you get what you pay for! Microfiber can scratch if not maintained properly or cheap quality.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
You could use a Boar's hair brush but they're not cheap.

Yes. If you're insistent upon a brush, that's the only way to go.

The best by a long shot! If you're looking to use a brush on a car they're the only way to go.

Carrand stuff is well priced, but one does have to be careful about the build quality at times. It's basically Chinese import stuff brought in to compete with the established players in the game. Of course, at this price, that's not hog's hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back