The Critic's Girlfriend on YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
YouTube

The Critic asked me to post this for you guys. His Girlfriend shows you how to change a serpentine belt.

BAWAHAHAHAHA!
crackmeup2.gif

Good for her, I like it.

Using topic title, hope that belt is oem/oes or that is a big no no. Gates belts top quality belt though, so should be fine.
56.gif

My biggest question why would they make a serviceable item so hard to get too. That is insane. Only thing I learned by that video. I'll take my vehicle to the garage for that. Insane.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
My biggest question why would they make a serviceable item so hard to get too. That is insane. Only thing I learned by that video. I'll take my vehicle to the garage for that. Insane.
they are only getting worse. Try a 6.0 Ford diesel! Must remove the fan and shroud on some of those. Honda likes to put belts around motor mounts

My biggest question why would they make a serviceable item so hard to get too

Same reason they keep putting engines in sideways. It ulitmately sells cars because it lets you have a big interior for smaller overall size of vehicle. Pickup trucks, even in the darkest days of the 80s when cars seemed to run on vacuum hoses and loose bundles of wires, were still pretty roomy around the engine. But wrong-wheel-drive is never easy to work on unless its got a longitudinal engine like a old Toronado or Intrepid/Vision/Concorde/300M.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
That wasn't my girlfriend!

shocked.gif
I wish she were my GF....

...just imaging how much LESS work I'd have to do around the house
13.gif

Good video. I do have to agree with one of the commenters on youtube though.. Getting underneath the car with only 1 jack stand made me a little nervous. I usually have a minimum of 2 jack stands under the car when doing anything, but that's just me, and I worry about everything.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Someone please post a video of merks girlfriend

tumblr_m1mjuuJIRH1qbhaplo1_500.gif

Sorry, Merk. I couldn't resist
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
My biggest question why would they make a serviceable item so hard to get too

Same reason they keep putting engines in sideways. It ulitmately sells cars because it lets you have a big interior for smaller overall size of vehicle. Pickup trucks, even in the darkest days of the 80s when cars seemed to run on vacuum hoses and loose bundles of wires, were still pretty roomy around the engine. But wrong-wheel-drive is never easy to work on unless its got a longitudinal engine like a old Toronado or Intrepid/Vision/Concorde/300M.

Exactly. V6's are ever worse.

I am surprised that her little cordless impact removed lug nuts. Not buying that...
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: MarkM66

I am surprised that her little cordless impact removed lug nuts. Not buying that...
crazy.gif

I didn't watch the whole vid--but I know if I were to make a "professional" vid then I would first take everything apart, make sure it will go exactly how I want, then shoot the video. Nothing worse than having edit out all the cursing--wanna make it look like it's an easy job. Failing that, at least show that for a mechanic it's an easy job, and show why it's $$$ to do the work.

I need the filter changed on my Frontier.

Please send contact info and I will send her a plane ticket pronto.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Cute, smart girl. Nice find. But things like this annoy me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCp0LyYlqs8

I'm sure her space was limited due to camera framing and whatnot, but you don't lay a dirty valve cover upside-down on top of the nice clean engine it was protecting. How much of all that dust and debris between the cam tunnels and spark plug holes fell in there?

That is a well produced video. Nothing worse than a giggly camera, some less than optimal camera angles or 15 minutes to "ramp up" to the actual job.

This was concise.

We all know all about the 40 minutes it actually takes to remove the splash guard etc. I don't need to watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back