VOA Motul 7100 4T 10W60

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot understand WHY Motul gives HTHSV specs on some of their oil's PDSes, but not on others.
mad.gif

Other companies do the same thing, and it drives me bonkers, too. I especially hate it when they print all the HTHS values for every ILSAC 30 grade they have, since they're all going to be within a hair of each other, and then print nothing on the other grades.

This isn't the first time I've seen this and maybe there is a simple explanation I am not aware of. From what universe is Blackstone getting their SAE viscosity ranges from? An SAE 60 is 21.9 cSt to 26.1 cSt. And since when is a TBN of 7.6 "pretty high"?

Maybe I'm the a-hole here, but I just don't get it.

i would guess that information that does not look good don't get posted! look for specs on many cheaper oils + find few, same with overpriced factory labeled oils, they do not want you comparing to better priced oils with better specs!!!

Originally Posted By: benjy
i would guess that information that does not look good don't get posted! look for specs on many cheaper oils + find few, same with overpriced factory labeled oils, they do not want you comparing to better priced oils with better specs!!!

While that's only partially true, not all cheaper oils carry manufacturer approvals. In the automotive repair and maintenance industry, which i'm in, it's my job to make sure customers warranties do NOT get voided.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back