2015 F150 exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for recommendations on a nice exhaust set up. don't want 18 year old cherry bomb sound, just a nice sound that the wife won't complain about

I used Edelbrock SDT mufflers on a 93 Grand Prix and loved the sound. Have a muffler shop measure the pipes and modify them and add these or Corsa mufflers. Dont go Flowmaster.

I had a Borla system on a Grand Prix GTP a few years back and really liked it. Not that cheap, raspy noise, but a slight rumble at low rpm, and a bit louder at wide open throttle. I would buy another similar system if I bought a worthy vehicle.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
If you want to impress me, you'd leave it stock or make it even quieter. . .

Yep. Please don't be just another pickup with noisy duals...

A nice sound is finding good music you can both agree on while trucking on. Anything that degrades the comfort for your wife at your desire to make the exhaust a tad louder is Stupid. If you had a Ford Raptor and took it off road, I could see playing with the exhaust.

My brothers hemi Ram factory exhaust is too loud inside the cab.

Co-worker replaced his Silverado factory muffler with a "quiet" Flowmaster and It sounds nice.

Not all glass packs sound like cherry bombs, you might want a nice pair of long steel packs, like Porter mufflers or Brockman mellowtones. Both are kind of old school.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
If you want to impress me, you'd leave it stock or make it even quieter. . .

^^this.

A 2015 F-150? Please don't molest that nice of a vehicle.

I purchased a Gibson 3 inch single exhaust for my F150 years ago. It was wonderful sounding. Quiet, with a deeper tone, and none of that SWICCCCCCCCHHHHHHHH sound of a pipe that's to small. Best sounding exhaust I've ever owned. Just right!

gibson_exhaust_system-single65.jpg

I don't know for sure about you 2015 but I know on the 2011-2014 models you can buy the 'intermediate pipe' that my 2009 comes stock with and replace your resonator with it. It is just a straight piece of 2.5" with the OEM connections on it. Most guys do that and are happy with the sound. You can order the part direct from a Ford dealer or online parts place and it bolts right in place, no modifications required.

If you want/need a muffler swap I just recently put a GMPP Borla muffler on my 2009 5.4. Yes, it is a GMPP muffler on a Ford. The issue on these trucks is that Ford has a 3" Y pipe at the cats necked down to 2.5" at the intermediate pipe then it flares up to 2.75" on mine and 3.0" on yours. So, GMPP has a Borla muffler that is 2.75" and I picked it up for cheap directly from Borla. You have 3" so you will have MANY more options than I did for a muffler swap.

Just be careful, the 5.0 can get raspy in a hurry in the F150 if you uncork it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back