Chevrolet TV commercials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those commercials make me cringe. I wanted to buy a Cruze for its fuel economy, adequate powertrain, and tasteful (not "sexy") styling. I'm okay that I went a different direction so that I'm not going to be lumped in with people who use emojis to describe a compact.

Originally Posted By: edyvw
OK guys, who else find those Chevrolet commercials ridiculous?
Real people not actors?
It looks like Audi? No it looks like BMW? It is better then my Audi. No it does not look like Audi, BMW and no, definitely is not better then Audi. Then guys cutting lumber, for 3/4 of commercial, and then in the end truck shows up asking them: Wouldn't you like also to have strongest truck in class? What is focus of ad, STIHL chainsaw or truck?
When I see it on TV it is like someone is drilling my brain.

They drive me nuts.

Instead of having commercials compare our vehicles why not just highlight the vehicles without having to bring up the names of Ford, Ram/Dodge, Audi, BMW...etc.

"Best tool for the job" in comparing a hand saw to a circular saw... Stupid.

Originally Posted By: VNTS

I think the best commercial showing lately is the Dodge brothers
picking up the farmers daughters in their Chargers, the farmer smiling when he hears the hemis coming down the road until he watches them pull up and the daughters come running out LOL

Completely agree!!

Originally Posted By: spavel6
I personally chuckle when they gawk at the "amazing" audi-like Malibu, and are told it starts at $22k.. The fine print below says, "as shown, $36k".. well, yea, for an additional $14k you can buy two cars. No way the $22k car feels like an Audi..

I've noticed the same small print on the bottom of the screen. I can't stand that kind of advertising [censored]. I know they all do this one but seems a little more like they're tricking you with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back