Where can I buy Edge High Mileage 10w-40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah man I don't think we will see it at Wally world in a 5 qt container. Could be wrong but I highly doubt it. Just so few vehicles even mention it for possible use.

Well... finally, success. When you subtract the value of the Porolator Boss filter that comes in that promo, the oil ends up being $4.70/qt.

DSC_4407.jpg

That is some Australian quality oil right there.

What do you intend on running it in?

That deal is decent, but I wonder if they'd let me substitute a German made Mann for the Purolator Boss.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
What do you intend on running it in?

My 530i.

Quote:
That deal is decent, but I wonder if they'd let me substitute a German made Mann for the Purolator Boss.

FWIW, the Boss I picked up was actually a synthetic cartridge filter made in Germany. I posted pics in the oil filter forum.

I think there was an upcharge for it, because the filter was originally valued at $16.99. Anyway, I have no use for it, so I'll be returning it for refund next time I'm at AAP.

FYI, the engine is definitely quieter at idle with this Castrol oil in it. However, that is typically the case when you compare any fresh oil to used oil, regardless of brand/type. My previous oil was PP Euro 5w-40 that was in service for 5K miles and 13 months.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Yep, no complaints so far.

how long of a oci do you plan on running ?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Branson304
I saw Edge High Mileage in 5 quart jugs at Walmart today, didn't pay enough attention to know if they had any 10W-40.

I have seen it at wally world also but, not 10w-40.
I'm really surprised amazon doesn't have it...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: johnD2

Amazon has it in 1qt bottles.

According to Castrol customer service, Edge HM 10w-40 does not come in 5qt jugs.

Yep, no complaints so far.

how long of a oci do you plan on running ?

1 year, because I don't drive much. Last time it ended up being around 5K miles.

Amazon has it in 1qt bottles.

According to Castrol customer service, Edge HM 10w-40 does not come in 5qt jugs.

That's crazy, you would think they would want to compete directly with M1 HM pricing @ wally world.

A 6 pack of 10w-40 on amazon is $56.90 ,free shipping only with prime.

advanced auto website says they have qts in stock at a few locations around me , $9.19 a qt. I might try it next time I buy oil.

Last edited:
advanced auto website says they have qts in stock at a few locations around me , $9.19 a qt. I might try it next time I buy oil.

Yup, that's where I bought mine, but they happened to have a special going on last month, so it ended up being about $4.70/qt in my case.

Also, strangely, last weekend I stopped by another AAP and the Edge HM 10w-40 was listed on the shelf for $4.85/qt. I grabbed a quart as I needed one for top-ups. Well, the bottle rang up at the regular $9.19 price, and the AAP employee was not able to apply any sort of discount to it to bring that price down to $4.85, so he gave it to me for free. Weird.

Yup, that's where I bought mine, but they happened to have a special going on last month, so it ended up being about $4.70/qt in my case.

Also, strangely, last weekend I stopped by another AAP and the Edge HM 10w-40 was listed on the shelf for $4.85/qt. I grabbed a quart as I needed one for top-ups. Well, the bottle rang up at the regular $9.19 price, and the AAP employee was not able to apply any sort of discount to it to bring that price down to $4.85, so he gave it to me for free. Weird.

haha , you better go play the lottery !

When he said it was free, I almost asked if I can go back to the shelf and grab a few more bottles, but I didn't want to push my luck.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back