Do you get the last drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya I do. I'll stand one upside, overnight in a collection jug I use for my beaters. Be surprised how much you'll get after 4-5 OC.

Great thread! I'll bet the responses reflect different values with respect to ....frugalness.. in general.

For instance:

When the dish soap bottle is empty a couple of ounces of water swished around will get you a few more washings..

When you think the peanut butter jar is empty a small rubber spatula will get enough for 1 more sandwich..

Those off the top of my head since I'm looking at the kitchen. Comes from a lifetime of not wanting to throw good stuff away, and wanting to get the most of our money.

Actually, I am blessed financially. Despite that, the "don't waste" values ingrained from being raised by depression era parents have stuck to some degree. So yes, I will invert and drain.

BTW I am NOT a hoarder. I do not keep junk or any unusable items. I very much like a clean orderly garage and home.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Great thread! I'll bet the responses reflect different values with respect to ....frugalness.. in general.

For instance:

When the dish soap bottle is empty a couple of ounces of water swished around will get you a few more washings..

When you think the peanut butter jar is empty a small rubber spatula will get enough for 1 more sandwich..

Those off the top of my head since I'm looking at the kitchen. Comes from a lifetime of not wanting to throw good stuff away, and wanting to get the most of our money.

Yes, yes and yes.

Also the mayo jar, which after cleaning, becomes dry storage for all sorts of things.

After pouring a quart in the engine, i set the bottle on its side so the oil runs from down to a low point, then I pour the next quart. After pouring the last quart, i go back to the first qt, etc..., then pour the last bit out till it stops driping. Then I recap the bottles and toss them.

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
I put a funnel in a quart bottle and drain each quart for a long while and then put in the next. Surprising amount of extra oil.

This. Great way for top off oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back