What Brand or Octane gas do you like to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old carburetd Harley gets mostly non ethanol 93. My other vehicles get the cheapest 87 octane and occassionally BP to keep my gas card active.

Harley recommends the use of premium, they don't "require " it. They do so because Harley's are known to ping when their owners forget its an air cooled motor, and sit for long periods of time with it idling. I run the cheapest 87 octane gas I can find. No particular brand, and it runs fine giving 38-43 mpg.,,,

Manual for the Duc says 95-98 RON (Euro spec) so I typically buy North American spec 93 (R+M/2), usually Marathon brand.

Tried 91 (R+M/2) ethanol free but the problem is doesn't sell well and so apparently it's stale and old in the fuel station's supply tank. Bike had hard starting issue on it three different times from same station. Lesson learned.

My Yamaha requires 91 or higher octane. 93 Octane with 10% ethanol is all my area has. Gulf brand fuel is the lowest price I can find so that is what I use. The 10% ethanol is required by law here so there is nothing I can really do about that. I do treat all of my fuel with 1 oz TCW-3 per 5 gallons and have never had any fuel related issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back