High SAPS & DPF Re-Gen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to try a "full saps" engine oil, which would in NA mean; either a mono-grade like the Delo 400 SAE30 that someone just posted in the VOA section, or one of the many CI-4+ multi-grades that are still available.
But, before I do that, I need a code reader in case I get speed restricted in the middle of nowhere, or get a "poor quality DEF" alarm which usually precede the restriction.

Does anyone make a code reader that would cover 2011 and newer Dmax LML and gasoline engines all in one item?

I've heard of people using smart phones for code readers, but I only have a stupid phone that is out of service half of the time.

Originally Posted By: userfriendly
Thanks edyvw;
I save the synthetics for winter, my short winter trip is 80km/day. I hate using a HD truck for grocery getting duties.
The oil gets changed 3x a year; April, July and November.
My April and July engine oil is $4.00/L CF-2 low ash SAE40, M1 303s (?) off the top of my head.
There are so many good 0w40 & 5w40 CJ-4s now, I just might watch for a sale and pick whatever is the cheapest.

I got Valvoline 5W40 MST for my BMW at NPA for $4.99 for quart.

I know a farm supply that carries that oil, meets CJ-4 and is much cheaper than Amsoil. I thought it was called Blue, just like the big ox.
I'm gonna pick up tires 'n oil on my next Alberta swing, before what's her name discovers sales tax and raises the carbon tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back