Most advanced oil on the shelf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
CATERHAM Blend is probably most advanced IMO.

Yeah and licenced by the API ACEA and OEMs etc for use ONLY after the vehicle is outside the OEMs manufacturers warranty period.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
CATERHAM Blend is probably most advanced IMO.

MODS, move this to the humor section please.

Originally Posted By: Toaster_Jer
Define what you mean by "most advanced". To me that means the Quaker State Ultimate Durability oils.

QSUD is made by SOPUS. When we asked the shell chemist about Quaker State he said he formulates it for the every day man's oil iirc, so it's treated correctly but not with all the premium goodies you see in Ultra.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
The most technologically advanced oil hasn't hit the shelves as yet.
thumbsup2.gif

Pennzoil is pretty high up there, but trying to find out which is the most "advanced" is impossible. They're all good oils, trying to signal out the best one can only be done trying numerous types with UOA's after every drain. Find the one that shows the lowest wear levels in your engine, and stick with it. You've found the "best" oil for your particular application! All the oil companies will claim that their house brand is the most advanced and the best thing since sliced bread, and this is to be taken with a grain of salt! Only UOA's reveal the real truth, and those are what you want to base your choices and opinions on.

Originally Posted By: Jetstreamz06
It may be an unanswerable question, but what oil has the most technology at the moment. Is the nature gas oil new technology from pennzoil? Or maybe some of the extended change intervals from Mobil 1? Also what about the new 0w20-30 weights for advanced fuel economy?

I think it depends on the engine and its age.

The WalMart house synthetic may give one as many miles of engine life as oil costing 3x more.

It seems for a number of years most advances in motor oil has been for more marketing hype than functional advances so as to meet our emotional needs.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: GaleHawkins
Originally Posted By: Jetstreamz06
It may be an unanswerable question, but what oil has the most technology at the moment. Is the nature gas oil new technology from pennzoil? Or maybe some of the extended change intervals from Mobil 1? Also what about the new 0w20-30 weights for advanced fuel economy?

I think it depends on the engine and its age.

The WalMart house synthetic may give one as many miles of engine life as oil costing 3x more.

It seems for a number of years most advances in motor oil has been for more marketing hype than functional advances so as to meet our emotional needs.
smile.gif

except for pennzoil

pennzoil is da bomb

and has lots of "goodies"

I read it here on bitog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back