What's the best filter out of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jk_636
Fram Ultra for 4 OCIs of no less than 400,000km or 86 years whichever comes first.

k

Originally Posted By: horse123
Fram Ultra for 4 OCIs of no less than 400,000km or 86 years whichever comes first.

k

Just saved you the hassle of having to read through about 3600 responses by summarizing their answers into one condensed sentence.

Realistically, the differences are negligible. Go with what makes you happy. They are all pretty much (with the exception of the Microgreen) the same when it comes to filtration.

They are all pretty much (with the exception of the Microgreen) the same when it comes to filtration.

So how do you know what the filtration of the microGreen filters is?

Originally Posted By: kschachn
They are all pretty much (with the exception of the Microgreen) the same when it comes to filtration.

seconded

Not really.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Not really.

Have anything specific to state?

Originally Posted By: horse123
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Not really.

Have anything specific to state?

Mobil 1 M1-110 - believe they are 99% @ 25 microns.
Fram PH7317 Extra Guard - 95% @ 20 microns.
Fram XG7317 Ultra - 99+% @ 20 microns.
Fram TG7313 Tough Guard - 99% @ 20 microns.
Subaru 15208AA15A (blue filter) - who knows, probably 50% @ 20 microns.
Purolator PSL14612 - 99% @ 25 microns.
Bosch 3974 - 99% @ 20 microns (some are at 40 microns like Purolators)
MicroGreen 101-7 - who knows, manufacturer won't really say.
K&N HP-1010 - rumor is about 80~85% @ 20 microns.

Always good to see statistics that are passed off as fact but contain qualifiers including "(I) Believe", "Rumor is" and two separate "Who knows."
36.gif

You may have to go back to the bat cave and spin some more numbers....
02.gif

Always good to see statistics that are passed off as fact but contain qualifiers including "(I) Believe", "Rumor is" and two separate "Who knows."
36.gif

02.gif

Then stop whining and tell us what the real numbers are then for those filters if you can actually find the info from the manufactures.

Originally Posted By: kschachn

He doesn't, but it's his next go to filter so it has to be the best...

36.gif

02.gif

I thought you were the director of the bat cave? I mean look at all those Fram Ultras in your signature.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
36.gif

02.gif

I thought you were the director of the bat cave? I mean look at all those Fram Ultras in your signature.

One of them is a "Fram Ulra" ... must be some kind of hybrid spin-off.
grin.gif

Hey give jk 636 credit for running the Fram Ulras
smile.gif

Or has the rest of us call them Ultras. I think it's pretty awesome he is doing this. I have run the Purolator Boss and Purolator reds just to try them out. When I finally get my necessary tool to cut those open then I will make the decision whether or not to run them again. I have a Wix, Purolator red, and a O Reilly's Microgard ready to go when needed. But my cut up of the red will determine if I will run that one.

Of the choices I like Mobil 1 filters the best. But since it's a Subaru I'd probably go with an OE filter.

You didn't ask me what I use , you asked me what is the best, since I Japanese it I use a super tech st6607. If Japanese used a better oil filter I would but since Japanese engine are some of the toughest [censored] to kill on the planet (gas engine)they must know something I don't .so?I Japanese my choice of filter

Subaru: It is a simple choice. You have two options as they are the only commonly available filters with the correct bypass spec:

1: Subaru "Blue" filter

or

2: WIX/NAPA 57055 - I run this on my Subies!

Don't get me wrong, FU and others are excellent filters but until they make something for Subaru-specific applications, then go with those that are correctly speced like the OEM or WIX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back