Hunk of junk air filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive had my bmw for a few months now, and when I got it, I of course did all the fluids, and the cabin filter, but I did not do the air filter because in the glovebox were tons of receipts of work done, one being an air filter replacement nov 2015 at 133k. At some tire shop in Connecticut. Well, decided to replace it today since napa had it on sale (proselect)

You can clearly see the black foam is rippe but also in the middle of the filter there is a 4" cut right in the center. Hard to make out in the pics.

Writing on filter. No name written on it. Can anyone figure out the brand?

Whoever installed the black filter clearly didn't care about ripping it when putting the housing on

Side by side with new proselect

It could be some other "tech" between the receipt and now yanked the filter to "inspect" it, and there's no paperwork on that. So don't harbor ill will towards the operation on the receipt unless they did most of the other work, too.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
It could be some other "tech" between the receipt and now yanked the filter to "inspect" it, and there's no paperwork on that. So don't harbor ill will towards the operation on the receipt unless they did most of the other work, too.

Never once did i put down the Connecticut shop, i just said whoever installed it, whether that be the shop, or the PO who maybe took everything apart for whatever reason and REinstalled it. While i can see your point, you assumed.

I just bought a Purolator Group 7 air filter for the car. Seemed well made. I cant imagine a cheaper priced air filter. $9.24 for a Ford Dome filter.

Last edited:
inb4 tearolator
27.gif

Those kids who work the quick lubes often will screw up an air filter because they can't figure out how to re assemble the air box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back