Bendix CT-3 Brake Pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have these brake pads fallen out of favor on BITOG? I'm still interested in these pads, but should I consider something else? I want a quiet pad with better stopping power than OEM. They would be for the Honda front brakes in my signature. Also, I will be using them with CENTRIC 12040039 Premium rotors. Or, should I step up to the 125 series rotors?

Forget them, they were once one of the best now just cheap Chinese rubbish.
If you find some Made in USA NOS on ebay they are a great pad but those are getting scarce now.

I have a set of Bendix CQ (Ceramic Quiet) on my Honda Fit for the past 20,000 kms, and I love them a lot more than stock pads.

They are very predictable, grab better, and you can have minute pressure on the pad and it pulls you to a nice controlled stop.

I have cheap rotors, and it almost seems like the pad deposits a film that prevents the rotors from rusting up too bad.

Maybe I just got lucky with the cheap rotors (Canadian Tire house brand Certified rotors 25$ each).

I highly recommend the CQ line, not sure about the rest.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Wagner Thermoquiet or Akebono ProACT

+1 on the Wagner TQs. Have them on both my vehicles and they're excellent.

Originally Posted By: Falken
Maybe I just got lucky with the cheap rotors (Canadian Tire house brand Certified rotors 25$ each).

As far as I know they are re-branded Centric 121 rotors.

I used them on my BMW and Toyota, and I am pretty happy with them.

I have a set of Bendix CQ (Ceramic Quiet) on my Honda Fit for the past 20,000 kms, and I love them a lot more than stock pads.

They are very predictable, grab better, and you can have minute pressure on the pad and it pulls you to a nice controlled stop.

I have cheap rotors, and it almost seems like the pad deposits a film that prevents the rotors from rusting up too bad.

I highly recommend the CQ line, not sure about the rest.

Thanks for your experience. I wonder if the difference between the Bendix CQ and CT-3 would be negligible? Did you opt for the CQ pads because of the lower price?

Have you personally compared the CT-3 pads against the Akebono ProAct pads? If not, please let me know of your experience with the Akebono pads. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Forget them, they were once one of the best now just cheap Chinese rubbish.
If you find some Made in USA NOS on ebay they are a great pad but those are getting scarce now.

I understand your frustration.

Originally Posted By: Starman2112

+1 on the Wagner TQs. Have them on both my vehicles and they're excellent.

I don't believe the TQ's will give me more stopping power than OEM.

I got the CQ because the dealer pads were like 70$ and you needed to put quite a lot of pedal pressure to stop.

The CQ is one step more aggressive than the OEM Akebono pads the car came with.

It makes City driving much easier if you just have to tap the brakes to slow down, less tiring.

Brake dust is very minimal, it mainly only really dusted when I first installed them because the rotors were sharply "hatched", but now that the discs are smooth they don't seem to wear very much.

Very happy with them that's for sure, front brake job for under 100$.

My next set of pads will be another set of Bendix.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: RevelationLion

Have you personally compared the CT-3 pads against the Akebono ProAct pads? If not, please let me know of your experience with the Akebono pads. Thanks.

I have never used the CT-3, but the Thermoquiets have been noisy (it's relative) on every application that I have seen them installed on.

The Akebono ProACT are a decent pad and perform better than most aftermarket pads, but OE (not service replacement or value line) are still a better option from a noise and longevity standpoint. Especially for Honda, the OE pad kits come with new shims and are always quiet...and the kits are about $50/axle for most applications.

You got rid of the Corolla?

Originally Posted By: cjcride

You got rid of the Corolla?

Disregard. Mixed you up with Rolla7, another fine Bitoger from Montreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back