F1 - 2016 Monaco Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who makes rookie mistakes at Monaco in the wet? Rookies and Kimi. Iceman, we love you, but now we're starting to wonder if you're being a clown out there. Please retire while you have some dignity left.

Originally Posted By: billt460
The only thing that looked worse than Ricciardo's pit crew's performance, was that lousy dull, flat paint job on his car... Yecch!

Apparently, the matte finish does save a tiny bit of weight over a gloss finish.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Apparently, the matte finish does save a tiny bit of weight over a gloss finish.

You would think whatever they saved in weight, they would lose in aerodynamic efficiency at speed. Especially on the faster tracks like Monza. Flying Magazine once did an article on paint upkeep on light aircraft. They found several single engine aircraft that would cruise up to 5 Knots faster with the exact same manifold pressure and power settings, that had a highly waxed and polished paint finish. As opposed to the the exact same aircraft with dull, flat, oxidized paint.

Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Well our recording missed the end!

My new Cox Contour DVR just barely picked up the finish. But nothing afterward. No matter. By that time I had seen enough. Monaco in the rain is like watching mud wrestling with fat women.

You guys missed Bieber personally congratulating Hamilton on his win... That was painful for Ricciardo though, after such a good weekend to have a pitstop error take the win away. Ugh. How could that happen?

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
That was painful for Ricciardo though, after such a good weekend to have a pitstop error take the win away. Ugh. How could that happen?

The same way it happened to Hamilton last year. Too many people involved in making decisions.

You would think whatever they saved in weight, they would lose in aerodynamic efficiency at speed. Especially on the faster tracks like Monza.

That's what I would have thought, but they do the testing and modelling. And the teams, especially the bigger ones, do have some of the most educated aero engineers in the world, so I'll have to take their word on it.

Couldn't Bernie have banned Bieber or something like that?

You would think whatever they saved in weight, they would lose in aerodynamic efficiency at speed. Especially on the faster tracks like Monza.

That's what I would have thought, but they do the testing and modelling. And the teams, especially the bigger ones, do have some of the most educated aero engineers in the world, so I'll have to take their word on it.

Couldn't Bernie have banned Bieber or something like that?

Monaco isn't about the race anymore ,its all about the famous and "beautiful people".
Bernie loves Bieber and his ilk.

Bernie has a sound reason for that, unfortunately. I am, however, eternally grateful to him that the official F1 site characterized Bieber as American, rather than Canadian.

Yeah, thanks for nothing.
Your loss is our loss!

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
Originally Posted By: Dad2leia
Purple Pirellis? We have a new tire compound this go round?

Yep, the Ultra Softs. Available for use only in Monaco and Canada. Or as the Sky F1 broadcast pundits called it, the 'magenta' tire. Love those guys.

I thought Hamilton lost the race when he went out on purples at lap 31. But he finished the race on them and they were still fast. Maybe Pirelli made the purple tires to show the world that they COULD build good tires, instead of the baloney casings that F1 wants them to.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Bernie has a sound reason for that, unfortunately. I am, however, eternally grateful to him that the official F1 site characterized Bieber as American, rather than Canadian.

Yeah, thanks for nothing.
Your loss is our loss!

Yes that was indeed funny.

Hamilton considers himself something of a musician with a recording studio in his house hence all the hanging with pop stars.
I fou

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Your loss is our loss!

You guys had the chance to deport him when he got into trouble, but you blew it.
smile.gif
As for Hamilton's tires, that worked better than I thought, too.

I believe it was Martin Brundle who stated that they should both be fired, but they're pay drivers so the team really can't.

Then that same team should make them both pay to FIX the cars they trashed with their stubborn stupidity.
wink.gif

Formula 1 is a team sport. Just ask Ericsson and Nasr.

It was fun to watch because you just knew it was going to happen just a matter of when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back