getting rid of pwc with intermittent problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2002 Yamaha waverunner and at times it won't go past 3500rpm. The carbs have been rebuilt more than once. You can shut the ski off, start it back up and it will run perfectly. Sometimes you have to start it back up multiple times for it to work right, but it will stay running good just as long as you leave it running. The servo motor on the power valves cycle after shutdown so they work, but I'm thinking they aren't working right it all the time. We just want to sell it and get what we can, but we want to be honest that it does have a problem to the seller. The problem is we don't think anyone will buy it the way it is. What do you guys think? It's a GP800r

Last edited by a moderator:
Two years ago I inherited a 00 seadoo 900cc (I think, maybe 850) amd it had' similar issues' seemed like every time I started it something else acted up, but when it ran, it ran. Posted it on CL, took few weeks but I knew someone would bite cuz I live on the ocean. Posted it for 500 with title and a crum trailer and guy didnt even bother negotiating. Use cl, if you have a Facebook they have the "online yard sales" for your cities, ive had good luck there aswell (sellimg, not buying)

Originally Posted By: Inspecktor
I vote for full disclosure.

I'd like to get $2000 for it. It's not faded, had a new top end and new power valves put in, so the engine has like 15hrs on it now. On the top end that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
A PWC with an intermittent problem? Sounds like most of them to me. Just list it with full disclosure to the best of your ability. There always seems to be a buyer if they are priced accordingly.

Originally Posted By: Jim_Truett
A PWC with an intermittent problem? Sounds like most of them to me. Just list it with full disclosure to the best of your ability. There always seems to be a buyer if they are priced accordingly.

PWC's are literally the worst when it comes to problems. Boats don't generally have problems like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back