Mobil 1 5w50 now FS too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natural gas is a byproduct of pretroleum distilaton. Gtl comes from the NG and so, come from the clean part of the crud. But I think, as hydrocarbon that it is, isn't considered syn in Germany, just G III +.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I wish I could find M1 5W50 in stores. I need about 9 quarts every 6 months or so.

Most of our local NAPAs have it right on the shelf, and on sale about 3 times a year for $5.99/qt.

I have NEVER seen it on the shelf anywhere else though.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I wish I could find M1 5W50 in stores. I need about 9 quarts every 6 months or so.

IDK about Mobil 5w50, but many AAP stores got Castrol 5w50 still, even though it's not on the shelves, you gotta ask for it. So on 29.99 sale you get a Purolator Boss oil filter and 5 quarts of Castrol 5w50. That sale comes up every couple of months.

Originally Posted By: Pontual
Natural gas is a byproduct of pretroleum distilaton. Gtl comes from the NG and so, come from the clean part of the crud. But I think, as hydrocarbon that it is, isn't considered syn in Germany, just G III +.

Natural gas is not a byproduct of petroleum distillation. It is naturally occurring and is extracted from the earth by fracking and other means.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: harrydog

Natural gas is not a byproduct of petroleum distillation. It is naturally occurring and is extracted from the earth by fracking and other means.

One quote to add to his signature lines

Pontual is wrong.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: virginoil

Pontual is wrong.

No, I'd say its the other way around.

See Google search: https://www.google.com.au/search?q=can+c...280&bih=583

Originally Posted By: B320i

Pontual is wrong.

Natural Gas comes from the ground.... as gas. The gas that comes off the top of the distillation tower is LPG, otherwise known as Propane or Butane.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_gas

Quote:
Natural gas is a naturally occurring hydrocarbon gas mixture consisting primarily of methane, but commonly including varying amounts of other higher alkanes, and sometimes a small percentage of carbon dioxide, nitrogen, hydrogen sulfide, or helium.[2] It is formed when layers of decomposing plant and animal matter are exposed to intense heat and pressure supplied by existing under the surface of the Earth over millions of years. The energy that the plants originally obtained from the sun is stored in the form of chemical bonds in the gas.

Now, Natural Gas is processed to remove impurities, which creates some of the same byproducts as refining crude, like Propane. But Natural gas doesn't come from the distillation tower, it comes straight out of the earth.

Originally Posted By: B320i

Pontual is wrong.

A swing and a miss...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back