Result; 5 additives tested in a lab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russian article; 5 diff. additives was tested in the lab. using 6 equally new engines. the result is images that i did try to translate under every image. have someone knows topic better, please do correct my translation.

Nmjvzwg.png

First "SUPROTEC" - some Russian stuff, I have a feeling it equal to ARCHOIL 9300 ( very similar thing)

Nf8lNxE.png

Left diagram - X-axis, RPM; Y-axis - torgue; Nm
Right diagram X-a, torgue,Nm; gasoline consumption, kilogram / kWatt*hour
Black - untreated engine

tLz60My.png

Left: mechanical loss BEFORE/ AFTER treatment, Nm ; 1st r : RPM
Right: compression BEFORE/ AFTER treatment; 1,2,3,4 - cyl #
Now as far as I understand it here 2 phases of test: left- new engine; right - artificially damage piston by making scratches; test indicate healing ability.

8rCm4Rh.png

some parts mass loss, milligramms

1,2 - camshaft bearing insert (top, bottom ???); piston compression ring
first: untreated engine

anrtarw.png

wear residue in oil ( I think 150 hours)
again 2 stages; engine new and engine artif. damaged
FE; AL; FE; AL
per each metal: amount micrgram/liter; and speed of accumulation

tR7nEJR.png

vaoTSgE.png

Last edited:
Suprotec is known as ATOMIUM in this part of the universe. Very very good stuff actually, that DOES NOT affect the properties of oil, but uses oil as transport to get to the cylinder walls and other metal-on-metal contact areas and forms a "cushion", thus improving power, fuel efficiency, etc. Wouldn't believe it if haven't tried it myself. If your engine is on it's last leg or close to such condition - try Atomium/Suprotec to get real life long lasting results. No, I am not their salesman lol. This is just trully something that works and does not lose it's effect after many oil changes, as it works with metal, not oil. This is not a snake oil. Try and you'll see for yourself:)

O sucks, i cant edit it anymore....

OK:

almost last image:

ok, tons of numbers:

1. mechanical loss BEFORE/AFTER treatment Nm
1R -RPM

2. oil pressure, in the artificially damaged engine. BEFORE/AFTER
first bold - the good engine

3. Friction Coeff( 3 rows) . in place camshaft cam bearing insert after treatment
20K cycles; 100K cycles; 250K cycles ( no idea of meaning)
oil temperature Celsius (next 3 row)
20K cycles; 100K cycles; 250K cycles
( I guess they trying to figure-out how long effect will last on a treated surfaces)

LAST:
A surface smooth number; measure in Ra

Finally, it not a snake oil ...

PS: "ATOMIUM" - where where the [censored] i can find it .... rather some Japanese jacudza poison oil would be a simple to find.

Last edited:
If I'm reading those right, Suprotec and Liqui Moly (Ceratec) did the best. Although the differences are all very close and so small, it could be margin of error.

Good post.

"Atomic Metal Conditioner" hmnm...

As opposed to, what ...sub-atomic metal conditioner?

Or is there some Chernobyl connection?

Originally Posted By: DrAdmin
O sucks, i cant edit it anymore....

OK:

almost last image:

ok, tons of numbers:

1. mechanical loss BEFORE/AFTER treatment Nm
1R -RPM

2. oil pressure, in the artificially damaged engine. BEFORE/AFTER
first bold - the good engine

3. Friction Coeff( 3 rows) . in place camshaft cam bearing insert after treatment
20K cycles; 100K cycles; 250K cycles ( no idea of meaning)
oil temperature Celsius (next 3 row)
20K cycles; 100K cycles; 250K cycles
( I guess they trying to figure-out how long effect will last on a treated surfaces)

LAST:
A surface smooth number; measure in Ra

Finally, it not a snake oil ...

PS: "ATOMIUM" - where where the [censored] i can find it .... rather some Japanese jacudza poison oil would be a simple to find.

The only place I could find it at is on ebay. Some guys from New Jersey got an ebay store with a few different products from Suprotec/Atomium line.

Originally Posted By: Vlad_the_Russian
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
How much vodka do you have to drink to see the results?

A bottle usually does it. Even my pet bear admits.

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: kschachn
How amazing that every one of the additives improved both fuel economy and peak power output.

Who would have thought?

But, but, but--"We're not supposed to mess with a 'properly formulated' quality motor oil!"

Brb "You're playing chemist/tribologist".
Brb "Buy better oil (heard about a thousand times here).
Brb "It's just lightening your wallet".

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kschachn
How amazing that every one of the additives improved both fuel economy and peak power output.

Who would have thought?

A you can imagine the cost if testing are significant, A few month, a lot of human-hours, equipment, engines. E.T.C.

So, it not a surprise that all additive give some positive result. It was pre-selected to do positive result. Who really want to spend a few month on a snake oil to prove it really is ?

Conclusion from an article (direct google translation):
all formulations have a positive effect on the working surfaces of friction units. The height of microroughness is reduced and the working conditions are improved bearing as reduced boundary friction zone and thus increasing the hydrodynamic friction zone. Defects friction surfaces are reduced or completely heal - restores bearing capacity of bearing engine components. Formed anti-friction layers, greatly reducing friction. Geomodifiers even surface hardness slightly increases! As a result, reduced power losses and mechanical wear rate. As a result, this means reduced fuel consumption, increased engine power and resource.

Do not harm the oil compositions? Tests have shown that the variation of physical and chemical properties of oils in co-operation with additeves almost as much as in normal aging. Conclusion: do no harm.

Tests showed that the tested compounds significantly make life easier for the motors. What is the composition used, it depends on the initial condition of the engine. To improve the performance and increase the service life of new or slightly worn engines preferred compositions from the group geomodifiers. Especially since they are used on a "flooded - forget" without constant re-treatments. But the engines in "preinfarction" state needs drastic means - such as Liqui Moly and Bardahl. This therapy should be lifelong, but it will postpone death, reduce oil appetite and increase the reliability of the engine, reducing the likelihood of an unexpected failure.

I did posted some pictures early, a surface treated by additives:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3861732/Re:_Archoil_products#Post3861732

Archoil 9300:
http://www.archoil.com/wp-content/uploads/sheets/ARCHOIL AR9300 Product Tech Sheet.pdf
"magnetic from the Ural Mountains in Russia"

mineral called Serpentine (Geomodifiers as translated in the original article) the mineral with some unique characteristics it able to modify a surface in a place of metal friction. It also a major component of SUPROTEC. and archoil 9300 ( guess a major reason of purchase 9300 compound are not easy).

I have a chance to see how they mining the mineral. Basically drill the ground, then test the kernel on a friction machine to see if this specific thing will fit parameters, then use it. Due to mineral quality wide enough it can do the opposite effect or do nothing.

Actually, more interesting an idea, that, as early you engine will pass the treatment the better life it will live. ideally, a new engine, when surface id very rough.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DrAdmin
Actually, more interesting an idea, that, as early you engine will pass the treatment the better life it will live. ideally, a new engine, when surface id very rough.

Actually makes me wonder how I made it as far as I have without those additives.

Originally Posted By: Dr.Admin

It is during run-in that you want an oil high in Anti-Wear levels with little or no friction modifiers in order to complete ring/cylinder sealing.

What you don't want are a bunch of solids getting caught in the piston ring grooves.

One can give all kinds of excuses as to why Muscovite is needed but I still see no efficacy or scientific support.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back