Need a good tire pressure guage that read over 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Accu-Gage that i use for about 5 years, its best one i ever use, but its only read 60psi max, right now I need another one that read over 60psi. preferred buy locally. thanks

I have several cheap gauges. Some for low pressure and others for high pressure. They all seem accurate enough from 5 to 80psi. I keep a gauge in all my vehicles.

If you have a Northern Tool in the area, they stock Milton gauges. I have a Milton 5 to 50 psi that keeps up with two different digital gauges.

When I do tire maintenance, I have 20 tires to do, so I bit the bullet, and bought an Astro digital tire inflator, and it has made it so much easier to take care of all the tires. I can fill or release air, and just use it as a gauge. I always keep the Milton S921 pencil type tire gauge in the car plus it's made in the USA too.

I have a couple Miltons that read over 100 psi that I use for bikes, the ones that NAPA has are ok too.

Last edited:
Good advice is my advice.

I have three. One from sears- looks like a regular pencil that reads to 75psi. A heavy one from the hardware store that reads to 120psi. And I recently entered the digital era with one from 5-99psi from our lumberyard.

I find keeping them clean and handling them carefully can get you good results from an el cheapo......precision stuff Yo!

Make your own tire pressure gauge. You'll need a 0-150 lb. gauge, a HP hose and a tire chuck. The straight ones are easier to use.
The 0-60 gauges are more accurate for automotive use, 0-100 for light trucks and 0-150 for F & G rated commercial tires.
I made up 4 one day, and now I'm down to one.
Now I remove all tools, spare change and loose items before getting a windshield replaced or anything else I can't do myself.

Last edited:
I'm pretty happy with the Intercomp gauge my Brother-in-Law gave me. It wasn't cheap, but is indeed built like a tank and accurate. Pretty sure my kids will inherit it.

Originally Posted By: Wheel
I'm pretty happy with the Intercomp gauge my Brother-in-Law gave me. It wasn't cheap, but is indeed built like a tank and accurate. Pretty sure my kids will inherit it.

Round dial analog, or crazily priced, rectangular digital??

YES, they are probably the best gauges on the planet, but yes, you DO pay for them.

The Longacre digital I have is very good, and more reasonably priced than the Intercomps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back