M1-101 after 10k on a 95 Sunfire 2.2 OHV pushrod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Date code 012915D0818 (January 29, 2015)
slotted center tube, sorry I couldn't get good pics of it inside.

The ADBV was soft and pliable. The media felt very tough and sturdy and actually looks much better than in the pictures. No bypass valve since this engine, like many from GM, have a bypass in the block.

A lot of oil remained in the filter, like every M1 filter I've cut for many different cars.

The filter was on the car for 9 months. Oil used was PP 5w30.

It was replaced with a Napa Gold 1040 (Wix 51040) and Napa Synthetic (Synpower) 5w30, and the same 10k OCI

IMG_4341.jpg

IMG_4359.jpg

IMG_4361.jpg

IMG_4364.jpg

IMG_4368.jpg

IMG_4371.jpg

IMG_4354.jpg

Filter looks great! .... Thanks for the C&P.
smile.gif

Hastings Engine Air Filter #AF1511

2011 Ford Focus SE, 2.0L
Castrol GTX Conventional 5W-30
FRAM Tough Guard Oil Filter #TG3614
Motorcraft Engine Air Filter #FA-1890

Thanks for posting the pictures. My stash consists mostly of Mobil 1 filters bought on sale. IMO they are very well made filters.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Thanks for posting the pictures. My stash consists mostly of Mobil 1 filters bought on sale. IMO they are very well made filters.

M1 filters are great if they're recent stock. But don't buy old ones like the Rock Auto closeouts such as this M1-211 from 2008

The M1-101 in this thread was from AAP during a sale and was only a few months old at the time of purchase.

Only buy them during the parts stores' oil change specials that include the M1 filter, or perhaps Rock Auto's regular inventory.

Filter looks great. I have some doubts about Napa syn being a viable 10k OCI synthetic but hey it's an old car I'm sure it will soldier on fine anyway.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
A quality filter, looks good. Better watch out for them baaad louvers though.
grin.gif
j/k

Thanks for pics.

The Wix I replaced it with has round holes
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Beria
What did you use to cut open the filter?

welcome2.gif

I used the Harbor Freight exhaust pipe cutter. They don't sell them anymore, but mine was on clearance for $8, which is why it only has three wheels instead of four.

You should consider this one on eBay. It's what I'd buy now that HF stopped selling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back