Oil and filter for 2010 Ford Taurus Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Havent been here a while, hope every one doing good.

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 3.5L 5w20 spec oil

99% high way driving , she travel 45 min to work and 45 min back. I want doing extented oil change for her. I was thinking Brand name full synthetic oil + fram ultra , I love Motorcraft oil filter for ford, but seem like motorcraft oil filter wont meet my extented OCI require.

What you guys think 10k oil change , oil and filter is ? thanks

Originally Posted By: JC1
Fram Ultra for the filter. For oil, I like Pennzoil ultra if you can find it or Pennzoil platinum or Mobil 1.

Let the debates begin.

That pretty much what I had in mind lol . is 15k oil change pushing the ultra to it limit ?

Motorcraft 5w 20 semi syn, Motorcraft filter. Available at WalMart. Thanks for the easy question.

PP 5w20+FUfilter
smile.gif

I would go manufact. OCI and then UOA to see if you can go farther. I have PP 0w20 in mine and my owner manual says 7,500 or 6months

Plus, you can online submit for $10 rebate on 5individual quarts or 5quart jug of PUP or PP and then do the FU rebate and get FRAM air filter and get $4 back
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Noey
Motorcraft 5w 20 semi syn, Motorcraft filter. Available at WalMart. Thanks for the easy question.

+1 on this, for at least a 7,500 mile OCI. Both the oil and filter can easily take it.

So decades ago teh State of calif Fleet Management (like 50K cars and trucks) ran tests and when it was all boiled down, decided that any OEM MFG filter, or good national brand filter (WIX, Baldwin, and now Fram Ultra) should always go 12,000 miles (2 Oil Changes). The filters were still performing well at 12K on average across GM, Ford, Chrysler, I-H, etc.

So that would be my baseline. 12K changes with any good filter. As to oil, I'd look to the stoutest 5W-20 I could find and run that. Maybe Castrol or Pennz or M1 ...

I think a Motorcraft filter could easily handle 10k highway miles. They are awesome filters for the money. Amsoil XL is marketed exactly for 10k OCI's, I'm running it currently in my truck with a Motorcraft filter I just put on tonight at 4k miles. This filter will be on it for the next 6k so we'll how it does and I plan to cut it open.

Pennzoil Platinum 5W-20 works well in the 3.5L in my 2012 Taurus. I'm currently running a FRAM Ultra as well. I follow the oil life monitor with Pennz. Platinum & either FRAM Ultra, FRAM Tough Guard or Motorcraft oil filters. OLM will take me 8,500-10,000 miles & the engine is clean enough inside to eat off of. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back