Got into an accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope your Mustang is back and rolling soon. I really like that color, it looks sharp.

The intersection looks like it could use better signs, but the lanes look clearly marked, and the truck should have stayed in it.

I would hate to be using the cycle lane there. It puts bikes in a bad place.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Notice the hash marks indicating to stay in that lane.

Is that what it means? Counterintuitive. First impression to me means no right turn.

That's going to cause a lot of problems.

\

Yeah, that is one of the strangest traffic lane layouts I have ever seen. And the people that came up with that are proud of the accomplishment?

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Originally Posted By: Yup
I'd take the cash and use a 2x4 and rubber mallet to fix that. My car is 15 years old and it's been backed into on each side. I cared at first, but by about 10 years and 100,000k miles given the hail damage and two back into jobs I didn't fix my car was free. My car has been an appreciating asset. LOL

Yeah, that's a car I'd turn into a beater for the cash..
spankme2.gif

Yeah, a Ford Mustang. Rarely see those around............ :)

Sorry to hear about this and glad you're OK.

Is that the Glen Annie/Storke Road intersection? I see what they were trying to do but it looks like they could've done a better job with the road markings. The bike crosswalk kind of muddles things up, or that's what it looks like in the photo anyway.

I know that intersection well -- that is a good spot for an onramp blast
smile.gif

I hope you get the car back as good as new!

Originally Posted By: rationull
Sorry to hear about this and glad you're OK.

Is that the Glen Annie/Storke Road intersection? I see what they were trying to do but it looks like they could've done a better job with the road markings. The bike crosswalk kind of muddles things up, or that's what it looks like in the photo anyway.

I know that intersection well -- that is a good spot for an onramp blast
smile.gif

I hope you get the car back as good as new!

That is the one, I take it every morning. I know my car is in good hands at Precision Auto Body. But I am seeking the diminished value claim since a vehicle history report will show work was done and whoever looks at it will not care where it was done.

So I take it the green thing with white edges is a crosswalk
and the tiny hash-marks perpendicular are for lanes.

I wish they would paint the stay in lane hashmarks better.

I forget if I put it here or not but the responding deputy to the accident said he had already been to a few accidents that were similar to mine at this intersection since they changed it.

Notes on my 2016 Impala rental, the 3.6L V6 has plenty of power but the transmission is constantly hunting for the right gear. The suspension fells weird. Like I will make a left turn and the whole body feels like it is wobbling side to side.

The other party said he realized he was in the wrong lane and wanted to take the North onramp, which is the loop one across the freeway. He didn't realize my lane was a turn lane. Really nice guy too, felt bad for him.

I wish more people would think of their driving decisions in financial terms:
"If I don't take a 2 mile detour I will immediately pay $8,000."

So I am able to log into my work DMS from home. I checked what was ordered and noticed that the right side scoop was not ordered. I sent an email to the body shop letting them know I ordered it and that the old one probably couldn't be re-used since I watched it get run over a bunch of times while on the side of the road.

Notice the scoop in front of the rear tire. My car came with that and the quarter window louvers from the factory.

Also completely unrelated, I am debating getting the new California vintage plates that are black with yellow lettering. It would be the same number. It is a customer place, +1 internet to you if you figure out what it is.

I'm lost on the license plate, but definitely pursue a diminished value claim with this situation. The resale will be much lower with these repairs. A quarter replacement is structural repair. Sorry this happened, and glad no injuries, but that really stinks.

The alignment/suspension shop the body shop uses called and said everything was good in the rear and they did a quick adjustment on the front. Funny because when I bought tires here in December I had to have my service department align it 3-4 times to get it to the point where the steering wheel was straight.

The first round of parts went out today including this guy.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
bdcardinal

Did they replace the right rear quarter panel, or did they just pull the dents out and slap Bondo on it ?

Quarter panel, door shell, right belt moulding, the pictured "5.0" emblem, and the right quarter scoop were delivered today.

The alignment shop called me, I had called them last week to let them know where I had my locking lug key hidden, and told me the suspension was good and straight and they took care of the alignment for me.

Quarter panel, door shell, right belt moulding, the pictured "5.0" emblem, and the right quarter scoop were delivered today.

That's good to know. Some of these insurance companies really put the screws to the body shops and don't let them buy new replacement parts. I'm pretty sure the Ford service manual specifies replacing the entire quarter panel as well as the door skin. The service manual probably also specifies a jig to support the quarter panel while it's being welded in place.

I don't know how no one got it.
'14 P-51 (Mustang) GT

I think it will look great with the vintage plates!

Also, thats hilarious that you found they didnt order that part and so you did it for them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
That's good to know. Some of these insurance companies really put the screws to the body shops and don't let them buy new replacement parts. I'm pretty sure the Ford service manual specifies replacing the entire quarter panel as well as the door skin. The service manual probably also specifies a jig to support the quarter panel while it's being welded in place.

I have AAA for insurance. They only use either OEM or as high quality salvage yard is available. They only go LKQ aftermarket if there is no good OEM part available. Now there are other insurance companies, notably the ones that advertise with a gecko and Flo who will put aftermarket parts on a car less than a year old.

I have the bare minimum insurance that meets IL requirements for liabilty. They advertise on TV throughout the day. I assume they will always help me if needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back