How a car without oil sounds like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
A bit disappointing the YouTube wolf pack did not perform their normal "shredding" via comments; there is usually far more entertainment to be had from those than the actual video.

Total and complete idiot...

The comments here are pretty good though. lol

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Meh...not smart but not all that much damage I imagine. Buddy of mine jad a cherokee (4.0) and said he raped it until doors fell off. When it was time to scrap he drained all fluid oil and coolant and all, started it and threw a brick on the gas. The thing hummed at redline for 19 or so minutes before seizing.
15.gif

That really surprises me. A lot of what I've heard and read, on this forum and other places, is that most of your engine wear occurs during startup. Because of lack of lubrication.

I can't verify this story, but a guy I worked with said he busted an oil pan four wheeling and the engine seized in about twenty seconds. I've heard of people who's motors overheated and seized up very quickly too. Don't remember exactly but a lot less than 19 minutes.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: splinter
From his comments under comments:

Quote:
Back in '92 I drove a Plymouth Voyager van. I was in the process of trading it in for a new car when the oil pump blew out.
I called the dealership about driving with 0 PSI oil pressure. They said don't worry as it wouldn't affect the trade.
I drove 13 miles to work and back for two and a half days and nothing happened.

There's no denying his superior intellect.

I know i saw that comment too, clearly he wasn't driving that long with no oil presssure, although he thinks he was. No car is going to drive 30+ mile with zero oil pressure, he probably just lost the sensor.

I've had one in that ran 300 miles without oil pressure... they only came in when the sound from the turbo (it was a diesel) got so loud it was scary.

I undid the oil feed to the turbo, not a drop came out with the engine running. Oil level was full, oil change 700 miles before. Dead oil pump.

I've actually seen worse. Much worse.

The irony of him working on a 'smart' car, and with such confidance! I always want to steal these cars and rescue them from these stupid, destructive owners. All these cars want is to drive us around, and they get stuck with idiotic owners who do everything they can to destroy them.

Ahh, youtubers. And endless source of fun and frustration.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
I'd rather overfill than under fill....said the guy who ran the engine with zero oil at all for a couple of minutes.

Haha so true!! It's so ironic hearing him say he'd rather overfill than underfill,yet he NON-FILLED it haha!! That guy's a trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back