Fuel additives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using less than i used to. If i use one its Techron. If its an older car i bought and i want to run something through it, Berryman b-12 once , and techron once a year.

Last edited:
None on my cars, since I switched to top tier gas exclusively. Search for "top tier gas" to get a list of which brands these are, and the advantages. Extra additives for cleaner internals.

Originally Posted By: greasegunn
So what fuel additives, if any, is everyone using on their equipment?

For 4 cycle I use blue marine Stabil. Its a cleaner and stabilizer.

In my 1.9 TDI I use Liqui Moly Diesel Purge, a direct feed injection system cleaner every 20K OCI to fill up the fuel filter housing. One 500 ml can will do 2 fills.

In my 1.2 Twingo town car (Petrol job) , I just use one can of Liqui Moly Speed Tec once a year. I don't think that product is sold in the US and I would probably use Techron if I had a car there.

Last edited:
I like the new Briggs 5n1 cleaner/stabilizer. I combine it with some Gumout multi system tune up. Keeps things shiny clean! (Has PEA like Techron/Redline)

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I'm using less than i used to. If i use one its Techron. If its an older car i bought and i want to run something through it, Berryman b-12 once , and techron once a year.

I failed to mention that i usually add 1 once of tw3 to 5gallons of gas. I do this for my ope before winter.

Originally Posted By: Donald

+1.

I did notice they have a dosage change from the old formula to the newer 360 formula. There is no longer a different dose for storage vs. in season use. Just 1oz/10gal.

Quote:

Do not use it in my car unless for some reason I plan on parking the car for weeks. Do use it in every tankful for my motorcycle and for various outboard engines, two-stroke and four-stroke. It goes into the can along with my two-stroke oil. I use FPPF Marine Fuel Treatment in my boat diesel.

Originally Posted By: Donald

Which that product is for water cooled engines. Most OPE is air cooled. Different oil formulation there.

slomo

I mix my 2cycle oil for my weedeaters and chainsaw 2gallons at a time, so my mower and tiller both get 32:1 2 stroke oil in their tanks.. always start on first pull or so and i change plugs every 2 years or so. I use 93 octane top tier in all my OPE.

In your area, but not here nor in many areas. And to complicate it not every state has uniform rules about labeling.

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
I use Shell V-Power in my mower because it's ethanol free, so I don't add any additives.

I add SeaFoam to all my OPE gas. I added SeaFoam to my oil 1x and it was right before the last mow of the season (and thus the last mow before an OC). I've not added it to the oil since because I change the oil each season and don't see the need as I change the oil 1x year.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
In your area, but not here nor in many areas. And to complicate it not every state has uniform rules about labeling.

We're lucky. Just about across the board, premium is ethanol free, except Husky/Mohawk, which has ethanol as an option, in a higher octane premium. Of course, by "lucky," that can go both ways. I do seek the E10 premium from Husky on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back