Leased 2013 Ford Suv With19,882 Miles Original Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
That's not cheap, its stupid. I hope they ask him for service records!

Infinity in my area requires service logs when turning one in.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
There is a great story about a Lexis leasee who suddenly realized he needed oil change receipts at turn in or he would be subject to a penalty. He got a friend who ran a shop to make them up for him. The shop owner, not being a Rhodes Scholar, used receipts numbered in sequence which the cleaver leasee didn't notice. The lease company did. In the words of the "Bug" in men in Black....."Oh you IDIOT".

I've been leasing vehicles for many years - never heard of a requirement to submit maintenance records on turn in even though we meticulously maintain our vehicles whether leased or purchased conventionally.

But mine is a Lexus ...might be different for a "Lexis."

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
guitarandoil67 said:
someone who is prob on a budget will buy this lease turn in trying to save money and is in for a sad surprise

They can come here and ask about the best cleaning oil. /quote]

No need to clean it.....The sludge will fall out of the hole in the side of the crankcase.

Then there are cars like my mothers:

2013 Sonata 2.4L GDI with 11,000 miles.
6 oil changes in 3 years.

Somebody got a cherry of a lease turn in.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tojo1968

Infinity in my area requires service logs when turning one in.

I feel like most would if they can't pull the records themselves. That is some a-holery if I have ever heard it. As mentioned before, even an oil change once a year with the cheapest you could find is better than what this guy did

Tell him an innocent lie such as "during the lease return they will know you never changed the oil." That should motivate him.

That's horrible. Lol Thank God for Carfax. I can always check the maintenance history before purchasing a vehicle. On the used vehicles I've purchased, I find most people change oil every 6,000-8,000 miles.

Well, as long as he keeps it topped up, it may make it... I've gone 5 years on one oil change and close to that many miles on a motor that had a bad wrist pin and needed to come apart anyway, so why bother... The oil was dark, but not black and no lumps. So maybe it'll be OK...

Originally Posted By: supton
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I think this is why Toyota and some other manufacturers offer free maintenance for the first few years. One nice thing about Carfax is it shows when some shops/dealers do maintenance on them. It's not foolproof but it does probably help.

Indeed. It's a great strategy, for purchase or lease. Get the first 2-3 years with "free" service, all the while with person coming into the dealership on a regular basis. With high hopes they will be a repeat customer and will trade-in. Then, flip the "well maintained" car for premium money since the infallible Carfax says so.

You'd hope a dealership would take care of cars properly just because, but now if they saw these vehicles (particularly the leases) as really their own property, just rented out for a bit, perhaps they will be more inclined to take care of them better. Even for a simple oil change. ["Put that new kid who's an idiot on oil changes on the new cars? No way! I can't afford to have a repair show up on the CarFax!"]

Yes, I have heard that GM's free maintenance program was highly linked to marketing to bring people into the dealership as almost free marketing.

That is not biggest problem.
Biggest problem is that "people" like that will buy cheapest brakes, tires etc. They will run down tire to de wires, but will see no problem driving in foot of snow.

Originally Posted By: edyvw
Biggest problem is that "people" like that will buy cheapest brakes, tires etc. They will run down tire to de wires, but will see no problem driving in foot of snow.

This. I dont know how many idiots I saw stuck the day after that giant snow storm. Vehicles that shouldnt have been out anyway, with bald tires.

I would bet the majority of leased cars are pretty well abused. I would avoid it. I would think rental cars are a safer bet as long as the company has a good maintenance policy.

Originally Posted By: HemiHawk
Originally Posted By: edyvw

This. I dont know how many idiots I saw stuck the day after that giant snow storm. Vehicles that shouldnt have been out anyway, with bald tires.

I would bet the majority of leased cars are pretty well abused. I would avoid it. I would think rental cars are a safer bet as long as the company has a good maintenance policy.

Stuck? I do not care about them being stuck. What I care is them driving behind me, and then I step on brake have snow tires, can make decent stop, and then they slam into you. Or they swirl off the road into on coming traffic.
Here in Colorado every winter same thing. Pick-up's and Subaru owners, who think: I Have AWD so can do whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back