2010 Mini Cooper, Castrol Edge 0W-30 GC 5153 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most recent sample (sample 2) is Castrol Edge 0W-30 European Formula in my 2010 Mini Cooper with the base motor (not turbo or super). OLM claimed I was good for another 10k miles when I sampled and changed this oil. Wear numbers of course look great, and the oil looks to have lots of life left in it. I had about a half quart of makeup oil during this interval. Every time I drive the car it gets up to operating temperature, so it doesn't see short trip service. I do, generally speaking, take it easy on the motor; I've been trying to maximize my fuel economy. Now, with that being said, at least once per trip I'll rev the motor fairly high at full throttle to make a pass or whatever. I never do this until the engine has been running for 15 minutes or more and is fully warmed up.

The previous sample seen on this report was the last of the BMW LL-01 formula Mobil 1 0W-40.

Wow, those numbers look great. I'd have to concur with the OLM in this case. 15k seems doable on this particular UOA, though if you were to extend 10k-12k is perfectly conservative. Impressive report!
thumbsup2.gif
19.gif

Lots of TBN left after 5,000 miles. OLM said you could go to 15,000 miles.
Why don't you split the difference and do 10.000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back