Fram pro synthetic longevity question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan on changing my oil filter on its own change schedule as discussed in other threads on this board. I got a box of these Fram Pro Synthetic for a great price and was wondering what a reasonable change mileage would be good? For a 3.5 Ecoboost that tows about 20% of the time.

IMG_20160526_182028135_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
If you run syn oil and those filters I wouldn't have a second thought about running the max oil monitor numbers.

According to Fram they are the same as the Ultra.

They are the same as Ultra, but without the grippy dome end. Good for the same 15k as Ultra.

However, since your car is new and under warranty, stick to the factory OCI until then
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Can you link to where you bought them?

You can get them on eBay. But you should be advised that they were only intended for distribution to pro installers, so it would be interesting to see if they will stand behind any warranty claims in the event of a failure.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

You can get them on eBay. But you should be advised that they were only intended for distribution to pro installers, so it would be interesting to see if they will stand behind any warranty claims in the event of a failure.
I saw them on eBay, but (at least the ones I saw) are more expensive than Ultras at WM.

I have used ST filters for 10k so these would easily do 15k in my book. Whatever lets you sleep at night is all that matters.

I got them on ebay for 6.50 each and I had ebay bucks for $40 so they were essentially free

Originally Posted By: The Critic

I saw them on eBay, but (at least the ones I saw) are more expensive than Ultras at WM.

My last 6-pack of the FPS7317 was $36 shipped, but I think the price has gone up.

From what I understand, the Pro Synthetic is an Ultra internally so it could handle 15,000 miles easily. As for what OCI you should do... many 3.5L EcoBoosts are bad about fuel dilution & I'd stick to 5,000-6,000 mile oil change intervals regardless of oil type unless I had a UOA to confirm I could safely go further. That's just me though.

So I will go ~7500 miles on the oil and 10k miles on the filter. That should work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back