Told SiriusXM to Pound Sand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Wolf359
I've been doing the $25 for 6 months for a while now. They also have a 5 month for $20.

It is something I'll keep in mind. However, if they just quit messing around needlessly, it would keep the long term customers happy. I thought they obviously had some sort of disconnect in their heads when they were trying to get less money out of me when I was already a long term customer. Now I know why.

Overkill: Well, I do like the product, warts and all, within reason, but the hassle is the thing. Don't sign me up for internet radio and extra stuff at renewal time because the packages have magically changed. What would they pull out of their bag of tricks next year? Internet radio again? A subscription to all the hockey games that I can't even find time to watch on TV? I like some of the rare gems they play, but as you already indicated, it's not like media isn't portable these days.

userfriendly: The lifetime option is gone, at least for now, and has been for a couple years.

NormanBuntz: The first person I spoke to wasn't from North America. Then, when her sales pitch failed, she had to move me up the line, and that person was from North America. I don't think the first person you talk to is authorized to handle cancellations. After all, why should they be? If they don't want you cancelling online because it's too easy, they sure as heck don't want you cancelling with the first person to whom you speak.

No, I meant the new vehicle option to have satellite radio in the 1st place.
I tokalook on the GM build and price page, and it's closer to $500 plus tax, but over $1,000, just for the radio if you want the sunroof and bucket seats.

Last edited:
You can tell no one are shareholders for XM. If there were these posts would read differently.....

It's not really that hard guys. Oh free trial til May 31st, just happened to see it.

http://slickdeals.net/f/8749299-siriusxm...;src=SiteSearch

The $25 for 6 months has been going on for years. The most annoying part of it when they put you on hold so they can check with their "supervisor". In that hold time I'm thinking they're just running to bathroom, getting a drink of water, whatever but they don't really need to do it. Still when I tell them up front about the whole deal and not to waste a lot of time, I was able to get it done in 10 minutes, several minutes of that is their standard spiel they have to read after you sign up. Actual amount of time after they pull up my account is about 2-3 minutes worth of negotiation plus maybe that minute while they speak with their "supervisor".

http://slickdeals.net/f/7489942-sirius-x...reactivate-ymmv

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Worth it just for Howard Stern.

How many days a week does he actually work and it's not reruns?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Worth it just for Howard Stern.

How many days a week does he actually work and it's not reruns?

Three. I download the shows to my phone and they last the entire week
smile.gif

Correction, just reviewed my info. It is also 6 months for $29. I wouldn't do it if they didn't offer that same program.

I have re-upped for $29/6 months twice now (they tell me $25 initially and then mention the $4 "fees"), but I'm not sure I'm going to keep it anymore. I let it lapse after my trial period with the new car because I am running parallel to power lines for a good hunk of my commute and get no reception then. I do like that having XM leads me to listen to music that is outside my "comfort zone" and was amazed to find that I was stopping on the bluegrass channel more than any of the other 17 channels I stored. Actually bought a Kruger Brothers CD to rip for my iPod because I heard some great stuff by them on XM.
But, I was listening to XM on a long highway drive in the middle of nowhere, no obstructions anywhere to be seen, and a Tom Petty song I love came on...then the reception went out. It was in and out for many miles for no apparent reason. I think I've had enough...

Originally Posted By: sprite1741
Never sign up for pay radio or TV, ever. I only had the original 3 mos. service back in 05. It was terrible then. Paying for someone elses music won't work. They turn it on for a week every few months as a demo. I get so sick of the boring content and the commercials. They play a song I like then one that is ok then play total junk. I sometimes listen to the news channels but they have too many commercials. Sirius is as bad as pay TV only 2 times worse. I have "my music" on my mp3, and it's free and I don't have to constantly change channels. I blocked their emails and calls years ago.

The radio stations play the same 30 songs over and over and over again. I like classic country - and there aren't any stations in that format around. SiriusXM has a station in that format, but it's always the same songs.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Never sign up for pay radio or TV, ever. I only had the original 3 mos. service back in 05. It was terrible then. Paying for someone elses music won't work. They turn it on for a week every few months as a demo. I get so sick of the boring content and the commercials. They play a song I like then one that is ok then play total junk. I sometimes listen to the news channels but they have too many commercials. Sirius is as bad as pay TV only 2 times worse. I have "my music" on my mp3, and it's free and I don't have to constantly change channels. I blocked their emails and calls years ago.

The radio stations play the same 30 songs over and over and over again. I like classic country - and there aren't any stations in that format around. SiriusXM has a station in that format, but it's always the same songs.

I mostly listen to sport talk and news stations, very little music unless it's the 80's, The Joint, or Spa Jazz. I don't find they replay songs very much and they also don't have the insufferable number of commercials that FM/AM do.

Originally Posted By: userfriendly
No, I meant the new vehicle option to have satellite radio in the 1st place.

Oh yes, I see. My G37 had it, and even new, they had fewer radio options than what you'll see on a lot of the GM vehicles, especially the trucks.
wink.gif
I think even the lowest G37 had satellite radio.

Wolf359: They'd do a lot better simply by leaving people alone. Eliminating my online login credentials was strike one. I couldn't even look up the information, with it not able to find it by the radio ID or my phone number or my account number. That's silly. I had updated credit card information online before. I realize they don't want me to see that they had done a bait and switch with packages, and they certainly didn't want me cancelling online, since it's harder to hound me there. All they had to do was simply leave the package alone, let me get into my online account, and update my credit card information. All these foolish little changes served to do was to arouse my suspicion and frustration. There is nothing more stupid from a business perspective than to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. I was paying every three months, unfailingly, for four years. That wasn't good enough. They hounded me for an annual thing. Then, they get it, and louse it up a year later. There's no reason to annoy the person who's already paying full price every three months, unfailingly, by automatic credit card billing. In a case like that, SiriusXM is best served by being as unobtrusive and unnoticeable as possible.

It's just a silly system they have going. Of course, I could have taken one of their discounts or come up with some offer of my own. What's the point in that from a business standpoint. I was happy at "full price," on the old three month and previous annual plan. Take my money and shut up, rather than antagonizing me and then begging me to say.

Clearly, half their telephone support personnel are redundant and simple make work projects for themselves. Talking to two paid persons for no justifiable reason caused them to lose a customer paying full price, whereas normal website access without bait and switching the packages and talking to no paid persons would have resulted in them retaining a customer at full price.

Good post, only one typo.

Maybe XM will go the way of the back yard dish. Mine was about 12 feet in diameter, which was later used for a gold fish tank.
Soon after these satellite dishes came out, everyone was selling de-scramblers, and nobody was renewing their PPV plans.

about 6 months ago I hooked up a old XM radio from 2010 or so and hasn't had paid service in probably 4 years to a radio in my garage.
It downloaded an update and started working. Like magic.

I never looked up my account online and I never paid full price. If they didn't have the $25 for 6 months, I probably wouldn't even bother. I have spotify on my ipod touch so I don't really need it, but every once in a while I get bored so I turn it on. Car also has a 6 CD changer, but I haven't even used it since I bought it.

As for the XM radio working, they normally send a kill signal when you shut off your service. If you just shut it off and stick it in drawer for a few months, they stop sending the kill signal and it will start working again once you take it out. Also it's free trial weekend so it could also be that. They seem to have that every few months.

Also when you buy a used car, you always get a free 2 month trial.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: Miller88

I mostly listen to sport talk and news stations, very little music unless it's the 80's, The Joint, or Spa Jazz. I don't find they replay songs very much and they also don't have the insufferable number of commercials that FM/AM do.

Did they stop the commercials on the music channels? That is one of the reasons I won't get it in the Focus in addition to the repeating songs. If I'm paying for radio service, I don't want to have to listen to commercials all the time

I'd use them if they had a drama free flat $5/month deal. Having to call and fool with them all the time to get the deal simply isn't worth it.

Originally Posted By: CKN
The company has 30 million subscribers. They are not going to miss a few.

I'm not disputing that. There's just no reason to annoy the customers you have that are already paying.

Wolf359: Well, I was not happy with the login credentials being revoked. I used to update credit card information that way. It keeps me off the phone.

Hatt is right. Make a good rate and don't bother me about it. Take your payment, provide the service, and leave me alone.

Originally Posted By: Rand
They scam so bad send you "past due" bills that are actually for service 1-2months in the future..
SHADY as ****

Calling them shady IMO is being kind.

I dumped them years ago due to certain business practices. Every new car that came with XM I let the trial period end and move on.

Recently they called me trying to worm a deal with my new Subbie. It took me 10 seconds to them I'll have nothing to do with their services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back