"Most" synthetic version of Mobil 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
If it was a small stick car GUARANTEED I could tell you if it had 70% PAO after an oil change of some ho-hum messed with, group III Dino era.
I well remember the "feel" from many, many years ago of REAL synthetic oil. M1 had a nice product in the tri synthetic formula era.

That one's a doozy even from you.
ROFL!!
I'm sorry you are devoid of sensory perception, but don't laugh at others that are not handicapped with your dullness.

Yeah it was a good one - but it did feel different from the drivers seat moreso than anything else. Only M1 trisyn and Motul EcoNergy and another I don't recall in a yellow bottle with red cap? An snake oil co that come out with a real syn.
NOTHING else ran that way. NOTHING. Much easier to tell in a stick shift small displacement 4 banger than a lumbering pig suv with a pig engine.

You've gone and confused him with the facts. Tusk tusk
. Oh yes, author a paper and get it published and its a fact. You argument is sophomoric and you flunk.

Last edited:
Not ignorant at all. USA allows highly processed dino oil to be labelled as synthetic. Europe does not. Euro synthetics have to be manufactured oils, not just highly refined dino oils. So there is such a thing as "real synthetic"...

there are such things as Motul 300v Ester and Redline 100% synthetic oils. Likely Pennzoil Pure Plus is "real synthetic" too, and others in that vein.

But Chevron and Mobil and others have made real good oils out of highly refined dine oils. They perform very well and just cause they were not made in a test tube, does not mean they are inferior ...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Likely Pennzoil Pure Plus is "real synthetic" too, and others in that vein.

But Chevron and Mobil and others have made real good oils out of highly refined dine oils. They perform very well and just cause they were not made in a test tube, does not mean they are inferior ...

GTL still falls under the "Group III" cap though, despite how much better its performance might be to other base oils in the same group.

PAO is the only base in Group IV, with Group V having Esters, AN's....etc. That's why things get a bit dicey when discussing this stuff now IMHO.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Not ignorant at all. USA allows highly processed dino oil to be labelled as synthetic. Europe does not. Euro synthetics have to be manufactured oils, not just highly refined dino oils. So there is such a thing as "real synthetic"...

there are such things as Motul 300v Ester and Redline 100% synthetic oils. Likely Pennzoil Pure Plus is "real synthetic" too, and others in that vein.

Thanks for making my point. This opinion perpetuates the incorrect understanding of the word synthetic in the chemical world. Synthetic is a poor description of Motor oil. Group is much more accurate.

Yeah, but Group is not what's on the label...

Synthetic is a process. Now enhanced and modified, but still used (Chevron for some products).

Dino is a natural source.

Group is aligned similarly.

The OP did not ask about performance. The OP asked about most synthetic version. Rayon is not Silk. It might be better (tires...), but it ain't the same. You wanna go synthetic (for whatever reason), it's your money.

And I have always been leery of Mobil-1 due to un-anounced blend changes. I'm not an any product fan boy. I'm also looking to go back to basics (SAE-30 HD). But only because I can. If the OP wants to run 80% PAO oil, it's his $$ and his application...

I would suggest staying away from Mobil and maybe sticking with Motul as they have been pretty straight with us for many years. But he did not ask what the most synthetic oil was, just the most synthetic version of Mobil ...

Originally Posted By: kschachn
If it was a small stick car GUARANTEED I could tell you if it had 70% PAO after an oil change of some ho-hum messed with, group III Dino era.
I well remember the "feel" from many, many years ago of REAL synthetic oil. M1 had a nice product in the tri synthetic formula era.

That one's a doozy even from you.
ROFL!!
I'm sorry you are devoid of sensory perception, but don't laugh at others that are not handicapped with your dullness.

Yeah it was a good one - but it did feel different from the drivers seat moreso than anything else. Only M1 trisyn and Motul EcoNergy and another I don't recall in a yellow bottle with red cap? An snake oil co that come out with a real syn.
NOTHING else ran that way. NOTHING. Much easier to tell in a stick shift small displacement 4 banger than a lumbering pig suv with a pig engine.

Was the "yellow bottle with the red cap".....Slick 50 synthetic?....I used it years ago and thought it excellent.

Redline
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back