Poulan/ walbro carburetor kit help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm up to my elbows in stinky gasoline in my garage working on my latest Poulan chainsaw find from the thrift store it floods very very easily. I'm sure the carburetor is probably in need of some serious attention. I am trying to find a kit online like from eBay cheap with free shipping but I'm having a hard time determining which one to get. This walbro is a wt324. I see hundreds and hundreds of kids but I'm not convinced I see one that fits this number can someone help me please?!

Thanks
Mark

You can probably get the entire carb for $25. Time is worth something. If it were me, I'd just buy a new carb and call it a day.

The K10-WAT kit is the complete rebuild. Every piece is there. Just seals is the D10-WAT.

The aftermarket carb is available on eBay and Amazon for $10-15 which is about the same price as the K10 kit.

Originally Posted By: PhilsSmallEngine
The K10-WAT kit is the complete rebuild. Every piece is there. Just seals is the D10-WAT.

The aftermarket carb is available on eBay and Amazon for $10-15 which is about the same price as the K10 kit.

I would take new kit......that way you at last know what you get!

Never had a problem with those knockoff kits. I use them on working machines sometimes since they don't have the EPA "improvements" and are based on the out of patent versions. I've installed hundreds of them on 2 and 4 strokes. There are sometimes issues with mounting adapters inside the kit (especially Tecumseh) but you just reuse the OEM one.

For example, I love the knockoff Honda carb with the adjustment screws for the GCV-160 models. You can make them run even better with 5 minutes of tweaking. And they're $15 to my door.

Amazon. Whole carb $15 W shipping.

Superceded by WT-891. Don't know if mounting gaskets are included. I went through this on some older string trimmers. $12 shipping for a kit, or $18 shipped for a brand new carb with gaskets. Time is money, and I still have an old carb I can rebuild at my leisure should I decide to.

Thanks punisher. I went on epay and bought a kit for $4.95 free shipping. I have lots of time so it should be fun.
I have a new Poulan Pro 18" but saw this at a thrift store find for $28. "50th.Anniversary" Poulan 2175 multi colored thing. Took a chance and with a bulb and hoses it runs great. Ill post a couple pictures soon, hopefully.
Thx again.
Mark

Last edited:
I've always just used the Oregon carb kits I get at the local Fleet Farm. The K20-WAT or the K10-WAT cover 90% of Walbro carbs that you'd find on a chainsaw and about 95% of the ones on homeowner saws.

If it's flooding easily it's more than likely the needle lever is set at the wrong height which is under the diaphram, the diaphram pulses from crankcase vacuum and actuates the needle acting like a fuel pump. If the lever is set too high, it pumps too much fuel.

Kit is here. No instructions! But I think I can match gaskets. Any advice? My first mini carb. Done lots of Holleys, Carters, Auto lites and dozens of Q-Jets. My favorite carb.

Just google walbro wt324 and click on pictures
wink.gif

If lower membrane has a "hook" watch that you would mount that hook correctly!

It was easier than thought! The old diaphragm was crunchy hard! Put it all back together, runs beautiful, idles super smooth and screamed through a 8" rock hard Mesquite branch. So, I had success! I'M jazzed!

I was showing the multicolored Poulan masterpiece to a friend and he had used chainsaws but never owned one. One thing led to another and my 50th Anniversary Poulan was on its way to his house for a long happy life!
Don't ya just love a story with a happy ending!? LoLA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back