Got into an accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ya, on the way into work this morning I was hit turning onto the freeway onramp. My car is already at the body shop and they were sending it to an alignment shop to have that checked out.

I attached a Google Earth shot of the intersection, the black line is the path I took, the white line is the path the F350 took. FWIW the other driver admitted fault to the responding deputy. They just changed this intersection about 2 weeks ago making the lane I was in into a go straight or right lane where he was in a right turn only lane.

My rental this time is a 2016 Chevrolet Impala, so far it is pretty nice.

So the other guy tried to go STRAIGHT?!
mad.gif

I'm sure that I'm preaching to the choir, but don't forget to use CollisionLink if your insurance company comes up with used parts...

Have not received the estimate yet but the body shop orders parts from me. I am guessing 8-10K assuming no structural damage.

Unfortunately if I do need a replacement vehicle it would have to be ordered since no dealers nearby have a SS Sedan in Slipstream Blue with a manual. But that bridge will be crossed if I have to.

I'd take the cash and use a 2x4 and rubber mallet to fix that. My car is 15 years old and it's been backed into on each side. I cared at first, but by about 10 years and 100,000k miles given the hail damage and two back into jobs I didn't fix my car was free. My car has been an appreciating asset. LOL

It's not a total, it shouldn't be $8k, but it is structural. This type of damage is a bodyshop's bread and butter. The car can be fixed good as new, complete with lifetime warranty, by any decent bodyshop. Structural repairs and paint matching are computer-aided nowadays.

I'm always afraid when people are turning right and I'm also turning right. Did you signal? I like to either be in front of them or behind them, never really side to side. Lots of lousy drivers in this state that try to go straight even when they're only supposed to go right.

Originally Posted By: Yup
I'd take the cash and use a 2x4 and rubber mallet to fix that. My car is 15 years old and it's been backed into on each side. I cared at first, but by about 10 years and 100,000k miles given the hail damage and two back into jobs I didn't fix my car was free. My car has been an appreciating asset. LOL

Yeah, that's a car I'd turn into a beater for the cash..
spankme2.gif

Sorry to hear that, that was a beautiful car. It's gonna be well over $6k my guess. Sue for diminished value. Your car after being fixed is not worth what it was before the accident.

On the freeway off ramp near my house I always pull into the middle lane when making a right, people in the right lane are supposed to stay in the right lane. They usually cut me off and I've almost been sideswiped multiple times. My car has already been totaled so I always wonder if they can total it a second time. Would be interesting.

Sorry to hear that. Its a lot of door damage. Glad youre OK and nobody was in that seat.

This is the current rental, a pretty decent 2016 Impala.

The other party said he realized he was in the wrong lane and wanted to take the North onramp, which is the loop one across the freeway. He didn't realize my lane was a turn lane. Really nice guy too, felt bad for him.

The body shop that my car is at was once owned by Sam Foose. They are really good and the highest level for my insurance, AAA, so no need for an adjuster to come out.

Your car is a secondary consideration. Of primary concern is; did you suffer any injuries? Sometimes pain and suffering from the collision don't set in until the next few days.

Originally Posted By: austinlunsford
sad to see such a beautiful car damaged. Good luck!

I am not a body guy but it looks like a door and a quarter panel on the Mustang and he's good? It may be high up enough the frame is fine, even then they have frame-pullers. Matching the paint is the hardest part? No broken glass? Doesn't matter, am unsure if they can get the wrinkles out of that metal without replacing.. Nice Mustang, I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back