How to install an AR-15 in your F150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Doog
If you can remove the rifle without leaving the vehicle it is illegal transport no?
I'm sure it depends on the location. In FL you can do what you want with a rifle in the vehicle.

Originally Posted By: hatt
If you can remove the rifle without leaving the vehicle it is illegal transport no?
I'm sure it depends on the location. In FL you can do what you want with a rifle in the vehicle.

+1 That's why I am moving there soon.....In Ohio it's stricter.
21.gif

As long as it's unloaded and you're transporting it to or from somewhere, why would it be illegal? It'd be no different than having it behind the seat in the cab, except it's in a locking device.

Originally Posted By: CT8
What if your F150 isn't 4 wheel drive?
You install .338 LM so you can still get enemy even though your truck can't get to enemy.

Last edited:
Exactly what is the point here? A nifty way to carry your gun?? Not practical. Noobody is going to stand there while you lift your seat, unlock your gun, put your clip in ..etc.... by unlock the gun you would have a claw hammer stuck in your skull. How about throw it on the seat and throw a coat over it or a old time favorite put it by you on the seat. Old road hunting favorite. Cool, not at all practical.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Exactly what is the point here? A nifty way to carry your gun?? Not practical. Noobody is going to stand there while you lift your seat, unlock your gun, put your clip in ..etc.... by unlock the gun you would have a claw hammer stuck in your skull. How about throw it on the seat and throw a coat over it or a old time favorite put it by you on the seat. Old road hunting favorite. Cool, not at all practical.

I agree. This, while cool, has zero practical value.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
They will in California. Even the criminals are stupid in California.

Originally Posted By: TheOnlySarge
I have a 9mm on my belt and a 44Mag in the driver side door.
I'm good.
Texans are just plain awesome ! Show the U.S. how it should be done!

Originally Posted By: dareo
Ford should make a dealer installed option. They would sell!
I wish Ford would have made it easier to fold the back seats down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back